"Then let Issac and I go." I took a step towards her and Issac took one as well, his ears perked up and stance protective. "Let us go and we'll change everything."

Lira looked up at me, her black eyes full of regret and longing. "Please win this." She murmured into my head. "I can't live without him."

Confusion flooded my mind at her words. Had she found her true Mate? If she had, then she was experiencing the same thing I was. An internal battle between choosing love over loyalty to the pack. Whatever the circumstances, I would win this war not for just Issac and I but for everyone like us who was locked out of love because of their bloodline.

"We will." I replied, not wishing to ask her to go into to detail on her Mate and who he was. "She's letting us go." I said quickly into Issac's mind, seeing him relax considerably. I started to back away, towards the mountains again.

"You already have so many people on your side, Clary, remember that." Lira whispered into my head before turning and bounding away in a white blur, her leg completely healed.

Relief flooded throughout my body and I turned to Issac, his eyes wide and confused. He hadn't heard Lira and I's conversation and was probably wondering how I got her to let us go without a fight.

"We're okay, I know her and she is letting us go." I told him, beginning to walk in the direction of the mountains again.

"Are you sure?" Issac replied and I turned around, he was staring in the direction Lira had ran. His stance was uneasy and eyes were narrowed. "We can't afford anyone stopping us right now."

"I'm sure." I walked up to him and nudged him with my head. I would keep my senses on high alert now and we wouldn't stop until we got to the other side of the Purum pack mountain. There were many people I didn't want to encounter from this pack and I was grateful that it was only Lira we had bumped into. I couldn't help but think how different the situation would've been if I had been someone like Elijah or Paul.

"Then let's go." Issac relaxed considerably and nodded, probably deciding not to question it any farther; he wanted this to be over just as much as I did.

*

My back paw slipped underneath me as the ledge it was on broke free and tumbled down the mountain. Issac moved out of it's way and yelped as he stepped to the side and onto a sharp rock. We were currently making our way up the steepest part of the mountain, wind whipping us around and obstacles with every step.

My old pack had made trails and smooth places to travel throughout our mountainous home, but we couldn't take those if we didn't want to be caught. I knew my father would have fighters positioned everywhere, so I led Issac and I on the farthest route. My muscles were straining to push my body forward as we climbed at almost a ninety degree angle.

Issac trailed behind slightly in order to follow my exact moves. He was silent but I knew his body was aching in protest like mine. The grey and black rocks were cold and sharp, and some were slick with ice or snow. All around us was beginning to darken, daytime easing into nighttime.

I let out a loud sigh of relief when a large ledge came into view ahead, my vision still sharp even in the limited light from the setting sun. I sped up slightly and felt my paws being cut on the craggy rock. Issac whimpered behind me, making my heart leap with worry. Once I reached the ledge, I mustered up all the strength I had and leaped onto it. I landed with a thud and quickly stood to shake out my dirty fur.

Once I was steady, I turned and located Issac. He was close to the ledge but his limbs were shaking with fatigue, not able to leap onto it. I got as close to the edge as possible and leaned forward, opening my mouth and grabbing a hold of his backpack. As gently as I could, I pulled him up and over the side of the ledge. My head pounded with exhaustion but I managed to lift his whole body up with my jaws.