Chapter 4: Representing Your Race, A Conflict of Ideals!

Começar do início

You quickly learned that the arena is open on Fridays and Sundays for students to practice with one another. Of course, anyone could train on the grounds of Beacon so long as it doesn't endanger anyone, but having a more sanctioned fight is always best.

You enter the room and look around for anyone else that you know... which basically consists of just JNPR, RWBY, and Velvet. Lucky for you, Yang is in the arena already laying a smackdown on some poor soul. You take a seat and happily watch as she disarms her opponents and handily drains his Aura with a flashy and effective combo. The buzzer goes off and Yang is declared the winner by a teacher you have yet to meet.

Yang upon celebrating, spots you in sitting on your own. With the match declared over she runs up the stairs and takes a seat beside you.

"You delivered those papers, right?" She starts.

"Yeah, I did. I don't know why you thought letting me do all three was a good idea but-"

"Because you like talking about fighting and that entire thing was about fighting. That's what Blake said, anyway. Probably had more detail when she said it."

"Meh, less detail is fine. I liked your fight, though. You're really good!"

"I trained a lot," Yang says with pride, puffing her chest.

"I can tell! You would have been awesome to spar with under Master Roshi. Maybe the-"

"Who would like to go next?" The teacher shouts to the stands.

You immediately stand up and raise your hand. "I'll do it!"

"Alright, come on down!"

"I'll talk to you after. I'm really in a fighting mood!"

"You're always in a fighting mood," Yang cheekily responds.

"Yeah, I am," you laugh.

You jump over the other students and land in the arena. The teacher, a short man with tidy hair and equally tidy attire, approaches you with his scroll ready.

"Alright... (Y/N), right? Let me just link you to..." He clicks a few buttons and brings up your profile for all to see. "Wait a moment... there must be a mistake..." He looks up at the larger screen, confirming what his handheld device was telling him. "Your Aura... isn't in the system."

Underneath everyone's picture is a gauge of their Aura. For you, however, it is completely empty with an "N/A" labeled in the middle.

"Oh, that stuff. Yeah, I don't know much about all that Aura stuff," you shrug. "But I'm still able to fight!"

The professor chuckles. "Lucky for you, I happen to be Beacon's expert in Aura. With your permission, allow me to unlock yours."

You shrug. "Sure."

The students watch as their Professor places his hand on your shoulders and recites some words that you don't bother paying attention to. His eyes open, a shocked expression taking place on his face.

"You... you have no Aura. That's not possible... every human, every animal, everything with a soul has-"

"I try not to think about it," you smile at him. "Besides, I don't need your... thing. I'm strong enough on my own. So... can I fight now?"

The teacher shakes his head. "No, I cannot allow you to. I need to confirm with Professor Ozpin... without an Aura, you could be injured. I cannot allow that."

"Oh come on," you hunch over. "I'm more tha-"

"That's final!" He adamantly states.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" Yang shouts from above. "Come with me! We can spar somewhere else and let others have a turn!"