mini chapter 10

"And 1, 2, 3, 4," Carly counts off the beats as she and Colin practice the dance again for the nth time.

"ba ba ba bababa ba," Carly says out loud at each beat.

The duo get through the dance halfway when Colin messes up once again.

"You're not putting enough force into it," Carly says, stopping the music. "And you're half a beat late,"

"Like this?" Colin tries the move again, only to loose his balance and fall onto the floor.

Colin's cheeks flush a light pink in embarrassment as he laughs at himself. Carly laughs and holds out her hand for Colin to grab and help himself back up.

"That was a little too much force," Carly says, "But it was better,"

Colin was a good dancer, but he had a hard time getting certain moves right, especially when it comes to spinning (which happens to be in the move that he's trying to do now)

"Here," Carly says. "Watch me,"

Carly slowly does the move, rolling her upper body forwards, doing an arm movement before spinning and landing perfectly.

It seemed like an easy move but Colin kept tripping over his feat during the spin, causing the tall to fall.

Colin bites the inside of his cheek as he watches her do the movement, studying the way her body moves so he can replicate it.

"You try," Carly says and Colin looks at himself in the mirror.

Carly watches Colin as he does the body roll and hand movement before tripping on the spin.

"Ah," Carly says again, moving closer to Colin. "right after the arm movement, place your legs with one foot in front of the other like this-" she demonstrates "And then it'll be easier to spin,"

Colin nods and tries the move again, successfully completing it.

"Yes!" Carly cheers high-fiving him, happy that her friend finally learned the move. "That was great,"

"Well I couldn't have done it without you," Colin says with a stupid smile on his face.

"Aah stop being cheesy," Carly laughs, "Now lets do the whole thing,"

Carly turns the music on and the pair dance through the whole thing, neither one of them making any big mistakes.

The music stops and they're both left panting from working hard.

"Ahh I'm so tired," Colin says as he walks up to Carly and wraps his arms around her shoulders while letting his body weight drag slightly, making her carry his weight slightly as she pulls him around the room.

"Ya! Stop it," Carly says, trying to pry him off of her, "You're too heavy,"

Colin lets go and laughs, rolling his eyes as he walks across the room to get a drink from his water bottle.

Suddenly, the practice room door busts open revealing Minji and Mina.

"Carlyyyyy," Minji calls, dragging out her name.

The girl looks up as she hears her name being called and she walks over to the pair.

"We're going out to get some food for everyone," Mina says. "Do you wanna come?"

Carly looks back at Colin who has his cheeks slightly puffed up from the water in his mouth, he nods at her and she turns back to the girls.

"Yeah I'll go," Carly says. "Colin and I are done practicing for now,"