7. Need a girl

Harry's POV

It was around 11 in the morning when Louis came barging through my front door, uninvited of course. He wanted to see if I had followed through with his orders and brought a girl home. As he reached my kitchen the first thing he did was make his way up to my bedroom to check.

Jordan hadn't gotten up yet and I wondered if she was even alive. I hadn't made any attempt to wake her yet. I had paced back and forth her room all morning, trying to build up the courage to go in. I didn't know how to act in these situations, so I figured that she'd come out when she wanted to.

"You have a girl here don't you?" He questioned, as I followed him up the stairs.

"Shhh." I demanded as we reached the hallway leading to my room.

Louis actually slowed down and made sure that he was being extra quiet. He made his way to my door and opened it with caution. He sighed and swung the door open, giving me a glare as he turned back to face me.

"Let me guess, you picked a girl up and chickened out, didn't you?" He asked, disappointed.

"Louis, I already told you-"

"You better not be into her or so help me god-" He began to raise his voice, but I cut him off by bringing my finger up to my lips, telling him to be quiet.

"She's here?" He asked with his eyebrows raised. "Jesus mate." He shook his head.

"It's not like that Loui, I don't like her I just didn't want to drive her home last night."

"Yeah, yeah." He waved me off and began walking back down to the kitchen. I followed him down the stairs and through my house as we got to the kitchen. Louis then opened my fridge, getting juice out and proceeded to drink it from the carton.

"You know," He said and wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his cheap button up shirt that was very different compared to mine.

"When I said that you needed a distraction, I meant it." He sighed and placed the juice back into my fridge. "You need a distraction Harry, no alcohol, no nothing. Just focus on work and getting through this month. You need to relax and I thought that by having a girl that you would-"

"Lou, you know how I get."

"I thought this time would be different, she's a professional and they don't get attached."

"I already made the mistake of kissing her on the mouth." I admitted.

"Jesus Harry. You have a problem."

"No I don't!" I defended, "I just missed it. The feeling of having someone to kiss."

"Well you're going to learn to live without that feeling for a long time my friend. Do tell me what you were planning on doing about all the party's and business trips this month?" He asked.

"What do you mean 'what am I going to do'?" I mocked and brang my arms up to my chest, crossing them.

"Well you aren't bloody going alone. You need someone to monitor you so you don't go all out on the alcohol. You need a girl." He insisted and mimicked my stance.

"I won't Lou." I said and dropped my arms. He looked at me with disbelief, not buying it.

"You will at the end of month party when you see her with him."

"Lou, don't." I warned him. He knew better than to talk to me about her.

"Seriously Harry. There are a shit load of events this month and you need a girl for each one, especially that bloody one at the end of the month, or I'll babysit you. You need to show Cyn that you are over her, and you need to show the other companies and partners that you are stable, sober and can be trusted."

"Lou, I get it." I sigh, once he got started on a argument it was hard to stop and calm him down.

"You obviously don't Harry. Peoples jobs are at stake because of you and your shit after she left you. MY job is at stake. You need to make up for all the bullshit you started. You need to get us more partners, shares and companies or so help me god." He said, almost completely out of breath.

"Lou, I understand. I'll do whatever it bloody takes to get you, and us all in the clear." Even though I fucked up, Lou never left my side. Not once. I owed him.

"Good." He smiled. "No whining and looking depressed at the party's either. You will not show weakness. Get a date and look happy. You need to fool these people, and who knows? Maybe at the end of the month you'll fool Cynthia and win her back. But until then NO attachments, I'll even set you up-"

"No. I got a girl." Louis had horrible taste when it came to women. At first I only said that I had a girl to get Lou off my case, but now that I think about it, I do in fact have a girl.

I didn't feel anything with Jordan, no spark no nothing. She was physically attractive but I didn't feel anything last night when I kissed her. She seemed desperate for money, so she would have to do.

"I'm not letting you go alone." Lou cooed again as he walked past me and out the kitchen.

"I said I have a girl."

"Get a professional and remember NO ATTACHMENTS." He yelled as he exited my house, getting ready to go home.

I made my way up the stairs, ready to speak to Jordan. I paced back and forth her room a few more times before getting ready to open the door. Just as I reached for the door handle, the door flung open.

"Shit." She jumped and put her hand over her chest. "Sorry, you scared me." She breathed out. I then looked at her and realised that she was dressed in her clothes from last night.

I then started to panic. She couldn't leave. The bed behind her was made, Cyn's clothes were neatly folded on the bed and the room looked as if it hadn't even been touched.

"Morning." I nodded and stepped out of the way to let her pass.

"I'm good to go." She said and walked past me, stopping once she was a comfortable distance away.

"Could I talk to you for a few seconds? It's important." I choked out, scared of her answer.

"Sure." She smiled and walked closer.