4. Relax

Harry's POV

"Harry, are you even listening?" I hear from beside me.

"What?" I blink, turning to my work assistant Louis. I then hear another voice and looked up to see where it was coming from. A random guy standing at the other end of a large table, filled with people in suits. The guy was talking through a power point that I probably should be listening to, but my mind was else where.

"Thank you." I clapped my hands together once and stood up. "That'll be all for today, we'll be in touch." I smiled and walked out from behind the head of the table and out the glass door.

"Harry!" Louis yells as he runs up beside me.

"You barely listened in there! I get that your the CEO of this company now, but that could've been a huge investment that you just threw away."

"I didn't throw anything away Louis." I said and entered my office.

"What is wrong with you? You do realise what's coming up at the end of next month? You need to get your shit together!" He continued to yell as he sat in the chair opposite my desk as I sat in mine.

"He's still coming, isn't he?"

"Is that why you're so distracted? Getting jealous?" Louis questioned, causing me to glare at him.

"What do you expect?"

"Harry, you could get anyone, so stop whining over her."

"I'm not whining." I snap at him.

"I get that you guys were engaged and that she left you for another guy, but that was over a month ago. She's going to be at the big party at the end of the month with him, so you better start preparing now." Louis was always wise when it came to lady drama.

"I say, you just focus on the upcoming investments and try not to think about, her. Maybe go out to a club and find another girl in the meantime? Just to have fun with."

"If I wanted a one night stand I would go pick up a prostitute Lou. You-"

"Yeah, yeah." He waved me off. "I know how you get with normal girls. Mr Attachment."

"Oh shut up."

"Just get a hookup, relax a little. Then if you still want a lady, go out and find a good-hearted one, and you can get as attached as you want. I just don't think you should be dealing with feelings right now."

"Fine." I huffed and stood up, grabbing my suitcase. "I'm going to get some coffee."

"And your going to pick up a girl on your way."

"Coffee first, then I'll see." I chuckled and walked out of my over sized office. "Go get some!" He yelled as I started to make my way down the hall.

I took the elevator form the seventh floor down to the garage. I spotted my car once I reached the garage and headed toward it. I unlocked my black Lamborghini and hopped inside, getting ready to drive away from this life-ruining building.

I was finally on the main road and told the GPS to give me audio directions to my favourite coffee shop, considering I had always been far too lazy to remember the directions myself.

Take a right after the next 30 meters

It spoke. I took the right and awaited more instructions.

Turn right at the next street

Keep driving for another 200 meters then turn left

Take he next left

Keep driving then turn right at the traffic lights

Take another right after 140 meters

I did so, only this time it led me face to face with the coffee shop. It was a bit far out of my side of town, but I supposed it would do. On one side was burger king and on the other was a brightly lit video store. I entered the coffee shop, ordering a black coffee and sitting down at a booth near a window.

I first looked over near burger king that was fairly busy. I remember when I had taken Cynthia there once, and she of course hated it. She hated everything I loved. But I didn't care, because despite being polar opposites, we were in love.

She was sheer perfection. Long brown hair and light olive skin. She was smart and had a lot of future potential with my company, until she left. After four weeks of being engaged and thirteen months of being together, she left.

Now, instead of wearing the engagement ring I had personally made for her, she wears another. From another man. Kurtis Thompson. CEO of our rival company. We bought shares, they bought bigger shares for cheaper prices. We made investments, as did they. We lost some of our money, they gained it. I lost my girl, they somehow have her now.

This is why I now refuse to get attached, to anyone. Even though it will kill me to go to the big launch party at the end of the month, single and miserable, I'm willing to do it if it means I'll still be me. The new, un-attached, carefree me. I will show up with no date, and he will show up with my ex-fiance as his.

Even partners refuse to sign with us, because of recent events. After Cynthia left I wasn't in the best state. I drank, came to work drunk on several occasions and nearly lost my job on nine.

I was no where fit to be the CEO of a company, but since then I have proved many wrong. Even though it would be nice to show up with a girl on my arm to all the party's and business trips to show everyone that I haven't changed, that I am no longer miserable, I still refuse to get attached.

The waitress soon rang my coffee over, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Thanks." I smiled at her for a second then averted my gaze back out the window.

This time, my eyes fell on a girl standing on the counter of the video store, looking like she was about to strip off. But instead, she flipped off the man in the car I think. I chuckled at the other blonde girls reaction who was standing behind the counter. I quickly averted my gaze back to burger king and sculled my coffee.

I needed to get home and get some rest.

--Next night--

I decided to take Loui's advice and do it. I was stressing out from work too much and I needed to take my mind off of things. I had never doen this before and I must admit, I was nervous.

I was circling around a random block near the street that Lou had told me about. I finally built up a bit of courage made my way to the top of the street.

I immediately spotted a line of girls going down the side walk, and I looked at each one as I made my way down the street. I was just about to reach the second last one when I realised that there was only one more girl left after this one.

I'd look stupid it I drove past them all then drove back up after I had made my decision. Instead of parking in front of one particular girl, I stopped in the middle of a dark headed and and blonde, who I thought I recognized.

I got a bit nervous as I noticed that the blonde one was making her way over to my side of the door. I instinctively rolled down my window as she lent in. She looked about as nervous as I was. She made no attempt to speak, so I decided to.

With all the courage I had, I pulled my straightest face and removed my sunglasses, taking a deep breath before I spoke.

"Hey babe, need a ride?"