6. Real name

Harry's POV

"What did I do?" The girl asked, obviously still nervous.

"Nothing. It's just, you don't have to do this." I informed her, we both clearly weren't into it.

"Yes I do." She snapped, sounding disappointed in herself.

"No you don't."

"Just let me finish, okay I-" She began to argued as she sat up, still on me.

"Look, no." I demanded and pushed her off me slightly. She then fully got off and sat down on the bed, reaching for her top that was sitting on the floor near by. Once she got it, she quickly pulled the small material over her head and looked away.

"I'm sorry, I just, I don't usually do this and I only realised now that it was a terrible idea." I said while sitting myself up, grabbing my shirt and putting it back on.

"You're telling me." She replied quietly and looked over at me.

"Listen, I- I'll still pay you, I just don't think we should do this. I can't."

"I don't need your money." She spat back embarrassed.

"You sure about that? You seemed a little-"

"Desperate?" She answered for me.

"Just stay here, I'll get you a glass of water." I tell her before I raced downstairs to the kitchen, I wanted to give her a little time to herself, to calm down if she needed to.

I got a glass from one of my many cabinets, filled it with water and walked back upstairs, hoping that she'd still be there when I arrived. By the time I got near my door, her quiet sobbing was audible.

"I um, have your water." I said to her, causing her to look up at me and as she attempted to wipe away some of the tears that had fallen down her cheeks. Her black eye makeup was smudged, yet she still managed to look pretty.

"Yeah, thanks." She sniffled. "I'll just go." She said as she stood, getting ready to leave.

"You don't have to." I interjected. "It's dark, and I'll take you in the morning."

"No, this has been a huge failure and as much as I don't want to admit it, I'm beyond embarrassed."

"Just stay, I'll make you a bed in the guest room, and in the morning I'll give you the money I owe you, and drive you home, I promise." I suggested, I really couldn't be bothered driving right now.

"I guess, I mean- Okay." She breathed out and stood up, taking the glass of water out of my hand and drinking it.

"This way." I said as she handed me the empty glass back. I then walked out of my door, making sure that she was following. I walked down the hall and stopped when I reached a random guest room. We both entered the room, looking into the dark before I flicked the light on.

"Wow." I heard the girl behind me gasp.

"Yeah." I chuckled, looking at the spacious room as if it was for the first time. I had never taken notice of any other rooms, other than my own. I had no use for any of them apart from the study and kitchen. I never had people stay with me.

On occasions Cynthia's family would come and visit on holidays, occupying some of the guest rooms. It was a weird feeling, having another girl other than Cynthia stay in my house. Even after months of her being gone, she's still the main thing occupying my mind. The bed was already made, so there was no need for me to make it up for her.

"Um, bathrooms through there," I pointed in the direction of the attached bathroom. "And the kitchen's downstairs, so if you need food or anything, you can get that. Also, my rooms the one we just came from, so yeah."

She looked as if she wanted to say something, and just before I was about to ask her if she needed anything else, she spoke.

"Um, could I maybe borrow something to sleep in? This isn't exactly comfortable." She asked as she waved her hand up and down her body.

I nodded and smiled at her.

"Thanks," she paused, not knowing what name to call me by.

"Harry." I answered.

"Thank-you Harry."

"It's fine," I said, awaiting for her to tell me her name. She stayed silent for a moment, thinking it looked like.

"Brandy?" She said, seeming confused at her answer. Obviously that wasn't her actual name.

"Right. Well Brandy, when I come back with clothes, you can tell me your real name." I say and walk out of the room. I walk down the hall yet again and soon enter my room that is still lit up from the light that was left on when we exited.

I walk over to my closet an opened it, unsure of what clothing to lend her. Majority of the clothes in my closet were mine, but the others were outfits that Cynthia had failed to gather when she left.

I debated whether to give her one of my tops, or would that seem too attached or cliche? I could always give her some of Cynthia's, but she might think that I have a girlfriend and that I'm probably cheating on her. I flicked through some of my clothes, then soon made my way towards Cynthia's.

I slide past a white long sleeved shirt that she wore on the last night I told her I loved her. I told her that every night, but she wore it the last time that she said it back and meant it.

The next article of clothing I picked past was a denim jacket with a missing button. The button that I accidentally ripped off when trying to get the jacket off in a hurry. I smiled at the memory, and moved onto the next rows of clothes.

After finally deciding on giving 'Brandy' a pair of random pyjama pants and a plain top that I found of Cynthia's, I closed the door and walked away from the only physical reminders of her that I had. Apart from the clothes and a crumpled photograph that I kept in my wallet at all times, I had nothing.

I walked back out of my room, and made my way to hers. When I entered the room, I found her sitting on the bed, tear-free. Her black eye makeup that was smudge from when she cried, earlier was no longer there. She must of washed her face while I was gone.

"I don't usually do this." She repeated, as if I hadn't already picked up on that.

"Me either." I smiled awkwardly and handed her the clothes.

"Thanks." She said quietly and stood awkwardly for a few seconds.

"Right. I'll let you get changed and ready for bed." I said and she nodded. I then left the room and turned to look at her one last time. She turned and smile at me gratefully. I turned around, ready to walk out before turning back to her and asking her one last question.

"So your real name is?"

She looked up at me and smiled slightly before answering.

"Jordan."

I smiled back at her before proceeding to close the door. But before I did, I looked at her one last time and wished her good night.

"Goodnight Jordan."