Fifty-Two

Marie Cousins P.O.V
I let the question hang in the air for a minute before I told him that I would love it if we got back together.

I saw a smile begin to form across his features as he placed a kiss onto my lips. It felt right, I didn't ever want us to pull away. My lips tingled for a split second when there finally was space between us.

"Well I have to go." I said slowly and walked towards the bus stop. I waved to Georgie as I saw the bus pull up to the stop. I stepped into it quickly, and looked out the window to see Kim in a car with her hands up, and it looked like Jared driving. The car almost hit another as it swung around the corner of the street that had the school on it. I rolled my eyes at the sight and walked to the back of the bus and sat down. I put my earbuds in, and decided to listen to "Spin The World" by Eric Zayne. I smiled to myself as I thought about Georgie, and the thoughts of Kim were pushed far back into my mind.

~

After the bus dropped me off, I walked quickly to my house, almost skipping. Despite the circumstances with Kim, I still let myself smile. I opened the door, and my step mom was in the kitchen baking.

"Whatcha making?" I asked as I set my back down on the floor and shut the door.

"Cookies." Tanya replied.

"Nice. Where's my dad?"

"He had to work late."

"Oh."

I walked out of the kitchen, and into my bedroom because I heard my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Marie. It's Kim." Kim said from the other end of the phone call.

"Hey?"

"Listen. I need help."

"Where are you?"

"I'm at a friend of Jared's."

"What do you need help with?"

"Cooking?"

I heard screams in the background, followed by laughter.

"Kim is this a joke?" I was suddenly angry.

"No we legit don't know how to cook."

"You do!"

"Yeah but I'm pretending I don't."

"So what do you want me to do?"

"Come over and help us?"

"Kim you're being ridiculous right now."

I hung up the phone and looked to see Tanya standing in my doorway.

"Who was that?" She asked sternly.

"Kim White why?" I asked.

"I don't want you hanging around with her."

"I don't."

"Good."