Twenty-Nine

Marie Cousins P.O.V
I came up to the gates of the beach that the cabin lied on. I rattled the gate, and I opened them. I dragged my suitcase along the sand until I reached the cabin. I opened the door, and set my suitcase on the floor. I closed the door to the cabin, and plopped myself down on the bed. It was about 9:00pm now, so I figured I might as well go to sleep. I didn't even bother to change into pyjamas. I could feel a tear forming in my eye, which soon fell down onto the pillow. I wasn't cold, but my mind was freezing with fear. I snuggled in with the blankets and sobbed, and started thinking about how my own bed would feel, or how nice it would be to wake up with Georgie's arms around me instead of the cold, unfamiliar air.

~

The next morning I awoke from my sobbing slumber, and looked out at the beach through the cabin window. Why did I come here? After the regret washed over me, the sorrow came as well. I didn't want to be here, but I didn't really feel like I had a choice. I decided to try and find the next town, to get some breakfast. I picked up my purse, and walked out the cabin door.

Kim White P.O.V
The phone woke me up at 5:30am this morning. It was Marie's Dad again.

"This is Kim right? Marie's best friend?" He asked.

"Yes Mr.Cousins."

"Did Marie sleep over there last night?"

"No!" I was beginning to panic.

He hung up the phone as soon as the word no came out of my mouth.

Calm down Kim. Marie runs away when she's stressed out, she'll come back.

I tried to calm myself down as the tears rolled down my face. Where would she have run to?

I picked up the phone, and dialed Georgie's number. Maybe she's over there.

"Hello?" Georgie said as he answered the phone, in a hazy sleepy voice.

"Georgie. It's Kim. Marie is not at home, and she's not here either. Is she with you?"

Silence came from his end of the line.

"No. She's not here. I haven't seen her since last night, before she went out for dinner."

"So she's been missing all night then?"

"Yeah I Guess."

"Should I call the cops?"

"Wait until mornin."

"It is morning."

"Oh."

Georgie Cooper P.O.V

I looked at my clock. It read 5:33am. Well I guess it's time to wake up. I hung up the phone, and ran as fast as I could to my mom and dads room.