Eleven

Marie Cousins P.O.V
I woke up in the morning on Kim's couch, the daylight shocking my eyes.

Kim must have still been in bed. I got up and went to the bathroom. I looked at my hair in the mirror, which was messy. I took one of Kim's hair brushes and brushed it through my messy hair. I went back into the living room and took out my supplies, which I carry around with me in case of something bad happening. It consisted of a toothbrush and paste, some money, folded up clothes, and some paper and pens. I keep all this stuff at the bottom of my backpack. I pulled the bag out, and go the clothes and the tooth items out, and went back into the bathroom. I changed into the "emergency clothes" and brushed my teeth. I went back to the living room. I put the clothes I was originally wearing back into my bag, and plopped myself down on the couch.

"Morning." A voice said.

I took my eyes off the T.V, and looked at Kim who was rubbing her baggy eyes and stretching.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked.

"Fine. How about you?" I replied.

"I slept like a baby. You're gonna sleep at your own place tonight right?"

"Probably."

"Will you call your dad today?"

"He's at work."

"Well your mom is probably home."

"If she hasn't left yet."

"Just call, Marie."

"Fine." I stormed off to the phone.

I dialled my house number, and my mom picked up.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hi Mom it's Marie."

"Your dad said you're at Kim's."

"Yeah I spent the night."

"Are you getting ready for school?"

"All I need it do is eat breakfast and pack lunch."

"Okay come right home after school okay?"

"But I'm helping Georgie with his essay."

"Fine then! Be as home A S A P! Understand?!" All of a sudden my mothers voice was getting snappy.

"Okay." I whimpered.

I could feel the tears threaten to spill again, but I swallowed hard and held them back. I wasn't going to cry again. Not after basically crying myself to sleep last night.

I grabbed a muffin, and put together a lunch, and put my lunch bag in my backpack.

Kim came into the kitchen, and packed her lunch and grabbed her muffin for breakfast.

"Ready? We have to catch the bus." Kim asked.

"Yeah I'm ready lets go." I said, swinging my bag over my shoulder.

We walked out the door, and into the morning fall air. The breeze blew my hair away from my face. We stood at the bus stop, and I leaned my body against the pole.

The bus came by, and we got on and swiped our passes. We walked to the back of the bus and sat down. I looked down at my fingers, and ran the nails along the skin.

When I looked up I saw Kim looking to the left.

"What?" I whisper yelled.

"There's a cute guy over there." She whispered.