"Of course, he was just a little spooked by the situation. He is still new to the supernatural."

"Poor kid, his head must be full of madness," Duke chuckled.

"Yeah," Oliver said with a grin, "I hope we get to meet Jacota. I should start writing a list of questions I have for him."

Vinny looked horrified.

"No, that is the worst idea."

"Why?"

"Because you'll be asking him stuff for years." Vinny lifted his foot and softly nudged his soulmates back. Oliver fell into the swimming pool with a blank stare, unamused.

The entire family was having a moment to relax in the Roman Baths that sat on the north-west side of the mansion. It was a gigantic room with mosaic walls of beautiful turquoise tiles covering every inch of the room.

Jed and his soulmate John relaxed on sun loungers as the moonlight watched through the window. They talked with Zachariah and Jenny about Milokan. Zachariah had barely stopped talking about his son, but nobody was bothered, they were happy to see him look content for the first time in years. Jenny couldn't stop beaming. If Zachariah was full of joy, then she was too.

"Is Milokan joining us?" John asked.

"Yes, I found them rummaging through the attic an hour ago. Milokan is very intrigued by such simple things. He has a lot to learn," Zachariah smiled.

"I have to ask," John said quietly, "what are your thoughts on your son being bonded to a demon?"

"Well, at first I was incredibly wary of who Milokan was as a person to be bonded with a demon. I am ashamed to say that I judged them both before meeting them. Kaiden is a very bright and wise young man. I see that they are perfect for each other, in their own strange ways. Milokan has a fire within him, he is bold and can handle a demon."

"I see that too," Jed nodded. "Kaiden has angel blood in him, and it affects his characteristics more than what he lets on."

Everyone turned when the heavy wooden door was pushed open by Kaiden who let Milokan enter first. The boys looked around to see some people sitting by the side of the pool and some people on chairs around it. Rayvon and Luka were the only ones in the pool, splashing in the water.

"Boys, here," Oliver handed Kaiden a pair of Rayvon's shorts, thinking they were roughly the same size, and he handed Milokan a pair of Luka's shorts, who was also roughly the same size. "Wear them so you can play in the pool," he beamed.

Kaiden didn't look like he wanted to spend more than a minute longer in a room filled with people, but Milokan had already stripped off his t-shirt.

"Oh, you're gonna get changed right here?" Oliver turned and awkwardly walked away when the angel pulled off his trousers, not seeing what the fuss was about.

Kaiden selflessly watched him pull on the shorts, examining his body.

"Where should I put my clothes?" Milokan asked, looking around. Everyone in the room was looking away. He didn't understand why people had to be uncomfortable. He understood self-conscious issues, but it's his body, not theirs, so they shouldn't care.

Milokan folded his clothes and placed them on a shelf.

"Kaiden, will you wear your shorts, so you can teach me how to swim?"

"No."

Milokan pouted with a sigh of frustration.

"Please? You have nothing else to do."

Kaiden could barely resist his pleading eyes. He groaned and pulled off his jacket before unbuckling his belt.

"Oh, he's getting changed right there too?" Oliver turned to his phone for a distraction. Vinny leaned close, looking for a distraction too.

Milokan beamed when Kaiden wore the black shorts and pulled off his t-shirt.

"Happy now?" the demon grumbled and dumped his clothes on a heap next to the angels, but when his back faced the people in the room, all stares were on Kaiden.

Milokan saw the looks of sadness before the demon could turn around. His back, covered in huge deep scars, was something that shocked even the wisest of people. Scars were pink and a lot fresher than others, but it was clear what horrific events the teen demon has been through.

Milokan quickly took Kaiden's hands before he turned.

"Don't be upset by their judgement," he whispered.

Kaiden frowned and turned, connecting his aggressive stare with those of unwanted sympathy. His eyes turned black and swallowed his sunset amber, revealing his demon soul.

"If anyone talks to me about this, I will kill you!" he yelled with clenched fists.

Milokan stood close to him, knowing he had to calm his soulmate before he lost his temper. He lifted a hand to stroke his lower back, but Kaiden slapped it away.

"Don't. Go and play happy families with Zachariah." Kaiden grabbed his clothes and attempted to vanish, but wings fell heavy on his back instead. Kaiden forgot about them. He sighed and eventually disappearing in an emotional strop.

The room was full of unspoken pity. The angel could feel gazes burning him as he looked down at his hands in misery.

"Milokan," Jenny spoke when his eyes teared up, "come here love, it'll be okay."

Milokan walked over to Zachariah and Jenny's sun loungers which they pushed together. He climbed on and snuggled himself between them.

"I feel so selfish," he said, trying to keep his composure. "I have a family now, and he is left with nobody familiar to him. He feels so alone here." Milokan covered his face with his hands and allowed his father and Jenny to comfort him.

Oliver was staring at Vinny with a raised eyebrow.

"I think you know what you need to do," he said. "You and Kaiden are very similar; he needs someone equally as stubborn to relate to."

"No, we'll just argue."

Oliver cupped his cheeks and faced his head in the direction of Rayvon.

"Imagine if our son was stuck in another world with nobody he knew and no parents. If he was as upset as Kaiden, would you want people not to bother with him and not look after him?"

Vinny watched Rayvon talk with Luka, and his answer was no, he wouldn't want his son to be alone if he was in Kaiden's situation. The thought sent tight shivers down his spine.

"Fine, but if it ends in a bloodbath, it's-"

"Entirely your fault, yes," Oliver interrupted. "Now go and find him before he has a breakdown or something."

Vinny turned with a grumpy frown and left the pool room. Where would the demon go? Checking his bedroom would be a start, and he hoped Kaiden was willing to look past his anger and open up to him, even if the vampire hated those types of conversations.

Oliver smiled at Duke and Madison, crossing his arms with satisfaction.

"I always knew Vinny would be a great father figure to a demon." The human hoped he did the right thing. Vinny was correct when he said it could turn into a bloodbath.