Chapter 25

I made a playlist on Spotify that I listen to almost every time I write. It's called: 'Inspiring Music' if anyone wants to follow it. I know that for me personally, it really helps to unlock that writer's block which many of us feel. If you search: 'Sianagh Gallagher' it should be in my 'Playlists' section :)

- Sian

Milokan splashed his face with cold water while the demon paced back and forth. He started to get a little nervous about his mother.

"Maybe I should go back," he muttered and ran a hand through his hair, giving the angel a good look at his scar. "She might be-" Kaiden spun when he heard crunches of leaves. He let out a breath of relief. "Mum, are you okay?"

Meloras smiled and nodded when he examined her with hopeful eyes.

"I'm fine; we did it. The demons are all dead now."

Jeronah pressed his wings against his back and watched how Kaiden tried to show her a smile. It looked a little pained, and he glanced away to hide a smile of his own. The bond within him was growing and settling back to how it used to be, all those years ago. He was in high spirits even when he had no reason to be.

Heaven is now no longer his home, and he should feel distraught, but the angel is reunited with his family once more. The day for him is one of the best he has had in a while.

"Is Milokan okay?" Meloras spoke in a hushed tone. They both turned to see him chuckling to himself as fish poked its head out of the water to greet him.

"He's fine." Kaiden looked down and tried to wipe Milokan's little manoeuvre of affection from his memory. He felt giddy at the thought of how he had been so close.

"How did you calm him down?"

Kaiden shrugged and frowned at Jeronah. He was still watching him with a strange expression, one in which the demon couldn't read. Meloras' eyes followed her son when he walked closer to his soulmate and sat on the grass. She knew she had to talk to him about Milokan, but also about Jeronah. It isn't fair for her to make the angel keep the secret after so many years of him fighting for them. She understood that her son would be angry at her and he will want to ask a lot of questions.

She turned and longingly stared at Jeronah. Now that they are reconnecting the bond, it was almost torturous to hold back their affection. Words can barely describe how much she has missed him. Seeing his face again made her crumble with happiness. When she turned back to her son, she could see similarities in their traits. They both shared their gorgeous amber eyes, they both had the same finely cut jawline and symmetrical features. They possessed great bravery and could be bold and confident. She and the angel had made a beautiful child.

"Kaiden, can we go closer to humans? I am starting to feel a little bored and would like to study them-"

"Why would you even ask that?" Kaiden muttered and did his best not to snap at him. "I hate them and will kill any who annoy me."

"No you won't," sighed Meloras and sat next to him. Jeronah perched himself on a rock next to Milokan and tried to keep his staring discrete. "It will draw too much attention to us."

"Then no," Kaiden avoided the angels gaze, "we are not going near humans."

"I think we should at least change location," Jeronah suggested.

"Yes. I don't doubt that in a few days, Lucifer might come looking for us himself. So we can't settle here." Meloras stood up and pulled her son up too. "Milokan, my son will teach you more about human life-"