9.

|| But I ain't gonna mess it up, so I wish her the best now ||

I stand outside the door where Sabrina, Gisela, and her bridal party are doing the final touches. I close my eyes as I take a deep breath. I open my eyes and exhale before knocking on the door.

"Who is it?" I hear Giesla's voice call.

"Christian."

"Oh, Chris! Let him in!" I hear Gisela say.

The door opens, and I don't recognise the woman standing before me. She smiles and lets me in. I quickly hug and kiss Alissa on the cheek. She whispers in my ear that it was Alex's mom who let me in. I nod slightly.

"Chris!" Sabrina calls from further in the double suite.

I walk into bridal central. Sabs is sitting in a chair in a white silk robe what says 'Bride' on the back. I hug Gisela and kiss her cheek. She grins and punches my cheek slightly. I shake my head slightly laughing. She's in a pink silk robe that says 'Mother of the Bride' on the back. Sabs' bridesmaids are getting the final touches to their hair and make up.

"Chris, what are you doing here?!" DeeDee hurries over.

Sabrina is sitting in a chair getting her hair done. Her make up is already done. It's very simple but very beautiful. I smile widely seeing her. I open my mouth when a bridesmaid comes in with a video camera.

"Look! Alexander has a special message for you! It'll go in the wedding video but he wants you to see it now!"

"Ooo! Gimme!" Sabs holds her hands out.

"Hey, Sabrina. It's about an hour until we get married, and I'm so excited. You're a beautiful woman with an even more beautiful personality. I'm so lucky to have you in my life. I can't wait to be your husband. We make a great team. I love you so much."

"Anything else?"

"Yeah I can't wait to go to the Maldives. I know my mom and sister took you shopping at Victoria's Secret."

Sabrina's jaw drops as everyone starts laughing, "YOU TOLD HIM WE WENT SHOPPING FOR HONEYMOON LINGERIE?!"

"Dang that wink was real cute," Alissa grins.

"I didn't. He found the bags stapled shut at Bridget's house and asked what they were, and Bridg told him."

"Oh my god. Bridg! You're the worst," she laughs, "and yes that wink was really cute. He looks so handsome. Oh my God. I can't believe we're getting married," she smiles before she tears up and starts crying. Seeing her like that, makes me sad. I also realise after listening to Alex talk to her, I can't tell her I love her. I can't mess this up for her.

"Awwww, baby," Gisela walks over.

"Hey, it's okay, Sabs," I hug her since I'm closer, "it's okay," I rub her back.

"Thanks, Chris," she sniffles. She softly clings to my jacket.

"Of course."

"Oh uhm you never said what you were doing here," she looks up at me.

"I just came by to say I'm so happy for you. And I brought something for you."

"Oh?" She grins.

"Oh?" Alexander's mom frowns.

"Yeah. Here you go," I hand her a small blue hair shell clip.

"Oh my god! Mom! Look! Where did you find this?!" Sabrina takes it from me in awe.

"Yeah. Where did you find this?" Gisela asks walking over quickly.

"In a box in the attic. I thought maybe this could be your something blue."

"She has a blue garter," Alexander's mom snips.

"I think I want this though," Sabrina smiles at me.

"But you already have a something blue," Bridget agrees with her mom.

"I want them both. Let's put the clip on the garter."

"Sabr-"

"Mom, can you please?"

"Sure thing. Thank you for bringing this, Chris," Gisela kisses my cheek

"Yes thank you so much, Chris," Sabrina hugs me tightly.

"Of course," I hug her and rub her back. I gently kiss her forehead.

"Excuse you! It's her wedding day!" Alex's mon hurries over.

"Mariellen, it's okay. This is Christian, my best friend and DeeDee's little brother!" She gently pats my chest.

"Nice to meet you," I smile at the woman who's glaring at me.

"How come we've never met?"

"He lives in Germany most of the time. He's a professional soccer player," DeeDee comes and stands next to me.

"Oh. Okay," she walks away.

"Good luck, Sabs," DeeDee whispers.

"Thanks," she smiles tightly.

"Sabrina! There's only 10 minutes left!" Gisela hurries over, "and you still need to get into your dress!"

I kiss both girls and hug Gisela tightly before I excuse myself to go back to the field. DeeDee walks out with me into the hall. She gives me a tight hug and kiss on the cheek.

"You did a good thing, Chris. Good luck," she whispers.

"Thanks. You too. I love you," I squeeze her tightly.

"I love you too," she smiles and goes back inside.

I head out of the farm house and back to the fields where the ceremony is taking place. I find my parents and Chase towards the back of all the chairs. I sit down in between my mom and Chase.

"Where the hell have you been?!" Dad whisper yells, leaning across Mom.

"I went and saw Sabrina."

"CHRISTIAN MATE PULISIC!" Mom looks horrified.

"Oh no," Chase groans.

"No no. Nothing like that. I told her congrats and gave her the blue shell clip from when we were kids. She put it on her garter."

"Oh. Okay." 

"You brought the flask didn't you?" Dad asks.

"What?" I try to play dumb.

"The whiskey? That you poured his morning?"

"Yeah," I nod slowly.

He holds his hand out, and I give him the flask, "I think we all need a shot," he takes a drink before handing it to Mom.

"I think so," she agrees taking a shot before handing it to Chase.

"Thank you," Chase says handing it back to me after taking his drink. I nod and slip it into my pocket as I see Sabrina's grandfather walk down the aisle to the alter. I bite my lip hard knowing the wedding is about to start.

Alexander appears and walks down the aisle with his parents. I look down at my hands trying to avoid eye contact with Mariellen. I don't think she likes me very much. Gisela and Sabrina's grandmother walk behind Alex and his parents before going to their seats. Once Alex reaches the alter, he hugs his dad before kissing his mom on the cheek. He shakes hands with Joshua and grins widely folding his hands turning to watch everyone else come down the aisle.

The flower girl and ring bearer are next. I have to admit they're very cute holding hands and walking together. It reminds me so much of me and Sabs; it hurts my heart. I see Alissa walk down the aisle with Marcus and take another deep breath. It's not long until DeeDee walks and takes her place.

"Here we go," I say to myself once the last bridesmaid and groomsman are in place. Sabrina is about to marry Alexander.