Kevin Price

Author's Note: I just found that this book is #3 in the Book Of Mormon list (at the time I am writing this) which is so freaking cool! I know I don't update consistently at all and my chapters are typically pretty short but thank you so much for reading this so far! I really do appreciate everyone who reads this (and according to the demographics there are people all over Europe, some in Australia, and some in Canada who read this book which is so cool). Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, and helping me become more confident in my writing!

                                                                         * * *

(Kevin's POV)

I stepped into mine and Connor's room where Connor was sitting cross-legged on the bed, slightly slouched over, and resting his chin on his hand. His suitcase was next to him and partially filled with neatly folded and organized.

"Hey," I said quietly.

Connor sat up straight and glanced up at me, forcing a weak smile, "Hi."

I sat next to Connor, being careful not to knock his suitcase off of the bed, "You're packing already?" I asked.

"I leave the day after tomorrow, and I don't want to spend my last day in Uganda packing my bags."

It doesn't seem like Connor should be leaving so soon. It seems like just yesterday Arnold and I had arrived in Uganda. I don't want to make Connor upset about leaving so I decided to avoid the sadder side of the subject, "Need any help?" I asked.

"I don't really have much to pack, just some ties, and some souvenirs and pictures, things like that," Connor's gaze shifted around the room like he was trying to remember every detail. He hesitated a bit before speaking softly, "I'm really going to miss this place," Connor rested his head on my shoulder.

"Are you sure you can't just stay here for the next three months?" I asked. Arnold and I only had another three months left in Uganda and then we'd be on our way back to Utah.

"My family is expecting me to come home on time. But I'll write you plenty of letters for the next few months and I'll call you as soon as I get home."

"Are you sure you can survive an eighteen-hour flight with Chris?"

"I don't think it'll be so bad. Chris is like a kid, he can fall asleep just about anywhere," Connor explained.

"When Arnold and I flew here I nearly lost my mind, but I wasn't friends with him at that time. I was still upset about being sent to Uganda and I wasn't exactly optimistic about having Arnold as my companion."

"You weren't really optimistic about anything from what I remember," Connor remarked.

"To be fair, I was trying really hard to at least seem like I was happy. But that act only lasted the first few days."

"Then you finally showed everyone your true, miserable self," Connor joked.

"I wasn't miserable around you."

"Because I'm delightful!" Connor grinned and my gaze met his. I swear his eyes literally sparkle when the light hits them. Not to mention how many more freckles you can see and how the sunlight shines off of his already bright colored hair.

This is going to be the longest three months of my life.

* * *

(Connor's POV)

I stood on the front doorstep of my parent's house, anxious to finally see them after two years in Uganda. I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell. As soon as the door opened I smiled, pushing back my nerves, "Hi mom! Hey dad!" I tried to revert back to the way I acted two years ago. I purposefully lowered my voice a bit, otherwise known as my "straight-voice" (as Kevin liked to call it), and before I left Uganda, I made sure I had no nail polish on and wore a more typically masculine tie. Maybe one day I can tell my parents the truth but I don't think my first day back is the best option.

Both of my parents were standing in the doorway and neither of them looked at all happy that their only child was finally back home, "Is something wrong?" I asked, still standing on the front steps.

My dad crossed his arms and paused before speaking while I felt anxiety building in my chest, "Why don't you tell me, Connor."

"I- I don't know," I stuttered.

"Really?" My dad's voice got louder as he spoke, "Why don't you tell us who Kevin Price is?"

I felt my heart sink and panic set in instantly, "He's my friend," I blurted out.

"Just your friend?"

"Yes!"

"Liar!" My dad's voice boomed through the air, "Your sins are a disgrace to this family!" Something about my dad's voice sounded familiar, "Do you have any idea how humiliating it is for your mother and I to have a faggot for a son!"

Hearing my own father call me that felt like being stabbed in the gut, "Dad-" I muttered, "Please, can we just talk about this," I managed to say.

"There is nothing to talk about. I want you far away from this house," My dad shoved me and I fell flat on my back onto the pavement which completely knocked the wind out of me, "Don't come back," My dad ordered before slamming the door shut.

* * *

"Connor! Connor!"

I woke up, immediately sitting up in bed. I was breathing incredibly fast and yet I was unable to catch my breath.

"Connor," Kevin repeated my name, "What's going on? I thought your hell dreams were gone."

I managed to slow my breathing a bit, "It wasn't a hell dream, just a bad one."

"What happened?" Kevin asked.

"I went back home to my parent's house and they knew about us. My dad called me a disgrace, a sinner, and a f- other terrible things," I didn't even want to say the word out loud, "They told me to never come back and that was when I woke up," I explained and paused before speaking again, "What if they know? What if they actually kick me out?" Kevin stopped me before I could continue rambling and make myself paranoid.

"Connor, look at me," Kevin spoke softly, "I promise, none of that is going to happen. Just think about it, there's no way your parents could know about us. I'm sure they're just going to be happy to see you after such a long time."

I took a deep breath, "You're probably right."

"I'm always right," Kevin said trying to lighten the mood a bit and managing to get a smile out of me.

"Shut up," I said, laughing a bit. Kevin always knows how to cheer me up right away, probably from the months and months of me having hell dreams. We had been through this whole routine of me having a hell dream and Kevin trying to cheer me up, countless times. I don't know why he's put up with me for so long, but I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend.