Sea World And Disney

(Connor's POV)

There was an awkward silence in the room. I quickly let go of Kevin's hand and shoved my hands in my pockets. I shouldn't have kissed him in front of everyone. What the heck was I thinking! We're going to be reported and then we'll be sent home and who knows when we'd see each other again!

While I was panicking, everyone else just kind of stood there awkwardly until Elder Neeley finally broke the silence, "I called it!" He shouted to the whole group.

"I think we all called it," Elder Davis cut in.

"W-What?" I stuttered.

"It was pretty obvious Elder McKinley," Elder Michaels said, "I don't mean to be rude but we all had our suspicions about you even before Elder Price showed up. And when he got here you were all over him, Connor. You weren't exactly subtle about how you felt."

I glanced at Kevin who's face was turning a bit pink. He ran his fingers through his already perfect hair and adjusted his tie as he often did when he was nervous.

I hesitated a bit before answering, "And.. you're all okay with this? You're not going to report us?"

"Of course not!" Elder Michaels said and the others nodded in agreement, "We're your friends, of course we accept you."

"Yeah, and besides, I think we've all had those thoughts at some point," Elder Neeley cut in, his face turning bright red when he quickly realized what he had said.

"What?" Elder Davis asked his mission companion, not in an angry way but more of a surprised tone.

"Nothing," Elder Neeley blurted out, cramming his hands into his pockets.

"Okay.. well, th-thank you," Part of me felt a bit strange about everyone knowing but mostly I just felt.. happy.

Finally I was in an environment with people who accepted me for me. A place where I didn't have to hide anything from anyone, I could just be.. me.

* * *

"Was I really that obvious?" I asked Kevin.

"Well in my first few days here you performed an entire musical number in a pink, sequin-covered vest, you tried to kiss me when I said I wanted to transfer, you asked me if you were in my hell dream... Oh and let's not forget to mention your pink suitcase along with your ties organized into a rainbow. Should I go on?" Kevin grinned.

"Okay maybe I was a little obvious. But I thought you didn't notice when I tried to kiss you," I felt a little embarrassed at that memory but I suppose it doesn't matter now, "I thought you were too busy thinking about wherever it is you wanted to transfer to. Where did you want to go so badly anyway?"

"No, it's.. stupid. It doesn't really matter anymore anyway, I can't even imagine leaving y- ..this place," Kevin messed with his tie again.

"Awww," I kissed Kevin's cheek, "You're cute."

"I'm not cute, I'm manly as hell," Kevin said, his voice dropping an octave.

I laughed a bit before repeating my question, "Seriously though, where did you want to transfer?"

Kevin hesitated to answer before muttering, "Orlando."

"Really?" I asked, genuinely curious about why he wanted to go to Florida so badly.

"Yeah, I don't even remember how many times I prayed to Heavenly Father that I would be sent to Orlando for my mission. It was my favorite place in the whole world."

"What's so special about Orlando?"

"I went there on vacation with my family when I was nine and it was just so.. incredible. We went to Sea World, and Disney and it was just so amazing."

I know all about Kevin's obsession with Disney and it's incredibly adorable. He has a collection of Disney themed ties and is constantly belting out Disney songs for no apparent reason. My personal favorites are Kevin's renditions of 'Poor Unfortunate Souls' and 'Go The Distance.'

"Maybe we can go someday, after our mission is over," I suggested.

"Really?" Kevin asked with a smile, I swear his teeth literally sparkled.

"Yea, I've never been on vacation anywhere before."

"Really? Why not?" Kevin asked.

"Well technically my parents would go on vacations but they never took me with them. This is the closest to a vacation I've ever had."

"Then we're definitely going to Orlando someday because you have not lived until you've been to Disney!"

I couldn't help but smile at Kevin's enthusiasm, "Definitely."

AN: Sorry I had to republish this part I accidentally deleted an entire paragraph but it's all fixed now. ♥ 🌈