Chapter Eleven : Remain Unspoken

Start from the beginning

It reminds me a bit of how Adrian felt about Naomi before, so I tell him, "I know what you mean."

"I mean I know you pretty well in the grand scheme of things, but I want to know you better. Like what makes you happy, what makes you angry, what are you passionate about... What music you listen to when you're sad, what movies you know by heart... If you were giving me the silent treatment, what could I say to get you to start talking to me again? If you were given just five dollars, what would you buy from Seven Eleven?"

I laugh and smile, "Literally all the best things to want to know about a person. I respect that. And now, I really want to get to know you even better."

"I'm glad you can agree," he grins. Then he pauses, looking thoughtful. "Do we have to label ourselves? Don't girls like to label themselves when they have some sort of thing going on with a guy?"

I shrug, "A lot of girls do. But I don't think we need to label ourselves as anything. As long as I know that you're honest and loyal, I couldn't care less about a label."

"Another thing to add to the list of reasons as to why Anita Burns is the only person I want to get to know better."

~

"You were right," I tell Dylan two hours later. "That movie was hilarious."

We just finished Meet the Parents in the dark comfort of his bedroom. Huddled close on his bed with piles of blankets we're using for comfort rather than warmth, it is a very pleasant circumstance to be in.

"I told you," he replies. "Never gets old. You feel like watching the sequel?"

"There's a sequel?"

"Yep, Meet the Fockers. Just as funny," he promises.

"As much as I want to, I know that I wouldn't be able to stay awake for the whole thing."

"Fair point. Do you want to go to sleep now?", he absentmindedly smooths some of my hair down, the action causing me to blush and squeal on the inside.

"Before we do, we should make a plan."

"I like plans. What are we planning?"

"We should have a movie night every week," I suggest.

"Why not go big and say twice a week? Monday and Friday, because both of us are almost always free those days."

"Aw, look at you. Monday and Friday it is."

"You pick the movies on Mondays, and I'll pick the Friday ones. Deal?"

I smile at him in the room that's lit only by the light of the television, "Deal."

"Great," he smiles too. "Well it looks like it's about someone's bed time."

"Our bed time," I correct him.

He nods then with a chuckle, and we go about situating ourselves properly on his bed for sleep. His bed is large, but not quite as large as mine. Therefore, we determine that if we were to sleep side by side like we did in my bed, we would have to spoon.

We agree that that is not something we should be doing (yet), therefore I lay with my head at one end of the bed and his on the other. We lay there in silence for a while, the television off and the room cloaked in a layer of darkness.

"Dylan," I say in a quiet voice. "Do you have any poems or short stories or anything like that memorized?"

"Um, a couple," he replies in a quiet voice, too. "Why?"

"Can you recite one to me?"

"Only under one condition."

"You seem to like bargaining," I giggle.