Where It Begins

Deep inside the Demon Realm was a kingdom that reigned above the others, Aforia. It was ruled by the Demon King Anu who is said to have been the greatest King to have ever ruled. No one could step up to his immense power and wit, except for a certain someone. That someone would be his pride and joy, his son, who would one day prove to be greater than him.

~

The boys name was Zeo Sora-Tsubasa. Unlike the other demons in the realm, he was a hybrid. As the story went on, his father fell in love with a being from the Overworld, a Falcon Woman who became his mother. The mother, however, died not long after giving birth leaving, Anu to raise their son on his own.

~

As a child, Zeo possessed great power and strength that rose above many demons at his age. He was keen in sword fighting and could adapt to many other weapons that came across his way. His magical set contained three different sorts of magic; the standard Demon Magic, Wind Control from his mother's side, and Metal Mimicry from...somewhere.

~
On his 180th birthday, he was sent out on a mission by his father to go to the far end of the realm where problems were ensuing between some Ifrits and Banshees. There were two reasons for this mission; test Zeo's skills to handle disputes between two races and keep him away from the kingdom.

~

Not that long ago a threat was discovered in the realm. Soldiers have been sent to deal with this situation, but have sadly fallen prey in a matter of moments. No one knew who or what this threat may be. What the King did know was that it was only a matter of time before it reached the kingdom.

~

In the Throne Room...

~

The King paced around rubbing his temples pondering about what to do about the situation rising in the realm. His thoughts were disrupted when the doors to the room were opened. A simple messenger came through the door seeming out of breath. "Your majesty," he said breathless. "The council is summoning you." Anu knew if the council was summoning him it must've been important, he also knew there was more.

~

"I can see there is more to be said, so speak as my patience runs low." The dark tone he spoke with scared the messenger giving him no choice but to say what more there was. "I-It's about your son," they stuttered. "He was spotted by the border not to long ago." The King stood in place after he heard this. "What? My son is coming here!" he boomed. "I ordered border patrol to ensure he didn't pass and now you bring me this news!" The messenger stepped back now fearing for his life. Angering the king was never a good thing, especially in this setting. "I'm very sorry your majesty but I am just the messenger."

~
Anu let out an annoyed sigh and rubbed his temples once more. His patience had already run out and hearing his son was returning only brought back his worries. "I know," he said now a bit more calm. "You can leave now." The messenger gave a simple nod and hurried out of the throne room feeling relieved. "I have to leave now. I'm sure I can entrust you with dealing with him." The figure standing in the shadows nodded and the king left with some ease.

~

The Prince arrived at the steps of the darkened palace and could immediately sense from the moment he stepped foot something was wrong. He had no knowledge of the threat many knew as his father kept him in the dark. The feeling of unease disappeared just seconds after he stood at the top of the steps where two guards were placed. They heard the prince was coming but knew there wasn't much to do about it. "Your highness," they bowed as Zeo walked passed them to enter his home.