Chapter 1 ~ A Day As the Best Friend of Izuku

Beginne am Anfang

"I know, right! Where are you thinking of going?" Izuku asked knowingly.

I've been endlessly gushing about U.A. ever since I learned it existed, Izuku raving right along with me. My heart flew at the thought of entering U.A. next year.

Even so, I've been trying to dodge the subject for a while, since, realistically, Izuku most likely won't make it in, considering he's been quirkless for his entire life. I hated that so much, I wished more than anything he could live out his dream, but reality isn't always the kindest. I wanted to help him live out his dream so badly, I just didn't know how.

"Uh, I'll probably try out for a lot of the top ranking schools. Maybe if I ask enough of them, one will accept me!" I joked. "Anyway, I really hope I can see you often next year, I'll really miss you if we end up going separate ways."

"Don't worry, we live close, and I can visit your shop as a customer, too. I'm already a regular, so it won't be much of a change," Izuku said.

"By the way, what was going on earlier? I arrived after it all ended," I asked the fanboy, knowing he would give an invigorated response. Just as expected, he talked on and on about it for the rest of the walk to class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So... as third-year students, it's time to start thinking seriously about your futures and what you want to do with your lives," stated my Junior High teacher, picking up a stack of papers. "I could pass out some career tests, but why bother?" He threw them in the air in a dramatic fashion. "I know you all want to go to the hero track!"

At that, the entire class cheered, showing off their individual quirks. I always felt bad for the guys who had lame quirks, like pulling their eyes a limited amount of their sockets or having good smelling skills.

"Yes, yes, you all have some very impressive quirks, but no power usage allowed in school! Now, get a hold of yourselves," he said, trying to calm the class down.

"Hey, teach!" an arrogant voice promptly called out. "Don't lump me in with this bunch of losers. I'm the real deal, but these guys will be lucky to end up as sidekicks to some busted d-lister, heh!" Katsuki bragged, full of himself.

"You think you're better than us, Katsuki?!" retorted one of our classmates, the loudest out of all the arguing classmates. There were a lot of other people yelling too, but I didn't bother listening.

"Let's go, I'll take you all on!" Katsuki said, smiling.

"Huh, you've got impressive test results. Maybe you will get into U.A. High," said the teacher, looking at some papers.

'Did he just have those on-hand?' I wondered.

Katsuki leaned back in his chair and rested his feet on his desk as our classmates stopped and stared at his self-assured smirk. Quickly, the class became rowdy again, talking about how hard it's to get into U.A. "nowadays" or something.

"That's exactly why it's the only place worthy of me," Katsuki yelled, jumping up onto his desk. "I aced all the mock tests, I'm the only one at this school who stands a chance of getting in! I'll end up more popular than All Might, himself, and be the richest hero of all time! People all across the world will know who I am, and it all starts with U A. High!!" he confidently announced.

"Oh yeah, Midoriya and (L/n), don't you want to go to U.A. too?" abruptly interrupted my oblivious teacher.

Izuku immediately hid his head in his arms on his desk. I could tell he wanted to be a fly on the wall right now. I knew what was going to happen next; I'd seen it a million times before: Katsuki would intimidate Izuku, call him quirkless and worthless, then the rest of the class would join in and soon everyone has turned against him. That happened constantly when I wasn't around, I could only imagine what it must have been like.