Chapter 6

Gally, Thomas, Newt, and Frypan were already done removing the tracker. Now, it was Y/n turn. Teresa began, "It's going to sting."

"Just get it over with." Y/n mumbled.
Teresa sighed as she started remove the tracker slowly.

"I'm," Teresa spoke, "sorry, Y/n, but I did what I thought was right."

"Apologie not excepted. Betraying your best friend and trying to use me as a experiment? Is that what best friends are for?!" Y/n snapped. Teresa stayed silent and she looked over to Thomas who was also looking at her. Since she was paying attention, she pulled a vein by accident and Y/n hissed. She touched her neck with her right arm revealing her wound from the crank.

"Y/n, you got bitten by a crank!" Teresa exclaimed.

"Wow! OMG, I never knew that, shuckface." Y/n said sarcastically.

"You're suppose to be a crank then because you have the flare!"

"Do you seriously want me to become a crank, Teresa!"

"You're not getting the point! Your blood can be the cure! Y/n, you can cure all those people who have the-"

"SHUT UP, TERESA!" Newt yelled.
Everybody looked at him. He couldn't continue listening to their conversation.
"Did you even bloody think of her as your friend, Teresa? How many people do you have to kill for this cure? How many, Teresa? IF YOUR FRIEND IS THE CURE, YOU'RE JUST GONNA USE HER?" Newt yelled!

His dark chocolate eyes were full with anger. Thomas walked over to Newt
His hand was on Newt's chest to prevent any danger and spoke calmly, "Newt, look at me. You got to calm down. Nobody is gonna hurt Y/n."

Newt grabbed Y/n's wrist and together they walked outside. Newt knew he should have never broke up with her. They were both broken and Newt was gonna make up for it.

"Newt," Y/n whispered, "let go."

Newt stop walking and faced her.
"I'm sorry for saying those harsh words in front of you. I'm sorry that I said that those promises doesn't matter to me anymore even though it does. I'm sorry that I left you there broken." Newt began.

Y/n gave him a sad smile as a tear escaped from her eyes. "But, Newt, your words stabbed me in my heart. After that night that you said that those promises you made in the Glade didn't matter anymore to you, heart shattered into millions of pieces. Newt, you hurted me. You killed me that day."

"Then," Newt said softly, "let me pick up those pieces and put them back together. Y/n, after I broke up with you, I thought that I did the right thing because I thought I was protecting you, but I realized that I was killing you. I realized that I was killing myself too."

Y/n stayed silent. She loved him to much. Newt lifted up her head as he wiped away her salty tears with his gentle thumb. He cupped her face as their eyes met. Then, to her lips. He slowly leaned in and their lip met.
The kiss was gentle and warm. They kissed in harmony. Y/n wrapped her arms around his neck as Newt wrapped his hands around her waist. He deepen the kiss by tilting his head and pulled her closer. They both enjoyed the moment. Y/n wished she stayed like this forever. They broke apart for air.

"I bloody love you, Y/n."