Almost There

*****NO EDITING****

He had waited almost two millennia for this moment and it was finally here. With hawk-like eyes Titus watched as Dante deftly mixed the hydrocloride concoction bloody dripping down his neck from the bite he had given him earlier. It pleased him immensely to see Dante's disregard for his life.

As soon as it was ready, he snatched it and walked to the table where the little girl was strapped down. "Go clean yourself up and feed, you haven't outlived your usefulness yet." Turning back to the slack jawed girl in front of him he became excited and delivered a vicious slap to her face to wake her up.

He would not allow her to sleep through her rebirth! It would be an insult to all his hard work. Plus he wanted to look into her eyes as the humanity drained away and she became his precious daughter. A weapon to put him on the throne that was taken from him.

Nikki regained consciousness with a startled cry and immediately wished she hadn't. Dr. Levi was standing over her and by the malevolent look on his face whatever he had planned was not going to be pleasant.

"Are you ready my dear? The time for your awakening is here! As soon as I inject this into your bloodstream you will die and, if you are lucky, your supernatural blood will kick in. If not well...you'll just be dead; won't you? Do me a favor darling? Don't die, die!"

The fierceness in his voice seem to spread to his eyes and explode around him as he forbade Nikki from dying.

With a swiftness that shocked her once again, and reminded her that she was at the mercy of a monster, Titus stuck the needle in her arm. Just as he was about to empty the syringe into her arm a firm knock rang through the room scaring Nikki more than the syringe jutting out of her arm. A man dressed in a black suit stepped through the door and bowed before stepping closer to Titus.

He whispered something in the doctor's ear and the temperature in the room plunged into an icy deadly murderous rage that wafted off the doctor in suffocating waves. The man quickly backed up not that it matter because Titus followed with murder in his every step.

"GET RID OF THEM!!"

"We are trying sir, but they are ripping through our forces like they are water. I think they are from the Royal Guards." He was practically dripping in sweat and fear. At the mention of the Royal Guards a cold grin spread across Titus' face and blossomed into maniacal laughter. "Those weaklings? Don't let me down boy. Kill them all!" The guttural utterance of his words sent the man skuttling out of the room with a quick salute.

As soon as the man disappeared Dr. Levi's turned his attention back to me. There was something about the way he looked at me. There was death and destruction in his eyes and at the center of it all I had a feeling that was were he wanted me to be.

With slow measured steps he walked towards me. My already racing heart increased to a gallop. By the way he cocked his head to the side, I could tell he heard my heart and enjoyed its paniced struggle.

"Nothing to worry about my darling once you awaken you will take out everyone who dares to oppose me."

"Hold it right there!" The door banged opened and the last person I had ever wanted to see appeared, Tianna with a gun in her hand. "Get away from her."

Fear so intense skitted through me at the sound of my best friends voice My eyes nearly fell out of eye at the sound of her voice. I chocked out a warning fear practically spewing from my every limb, "N-NO, NO! RUN T, RUN!" My voice screeched a warning too late to even reach her ears before I watched with in human speed Dr. Levi appear behind her and thrust his hand through her chest.