This Is The End

****No Editing****

The next time I opened my eyes the bright lights were all gone. In fact, everything was dark. Moving my hand, I was alarmed to find that I was still strapped to a table. Something was different, I couldn't put it into words until the intense familiar scent of Dr. Levi flowed across my senses. It was my senses even though it was dark and eerily quiet I knew that only one person was in the room with me and that there was other just outside the door.

Even more, I could tell that they were human except for one. Something about that person made my senses skid around it and recognize it as being on my level. My level?!

I was perplexed but before I could delve any deeper into the odd sense of knowingness, Dr. Levi drew closer. Of all the people I expected to see, he was not one. His presence didn't make any sense. Had he rescued me after the accident and if so, why did he have me strapped to the table? "I know you are there."

For a beat there was nothing and then from my left a harsh manic laugh floated through the room as the piercing white lights came back on. For a beat my eyes burned and teared but I blinked through it determined to see his face. Instead I was overcome with fear so deep and overwhelming I almost blacked out. I was in the one place I vowed to never be again, the lab of hell.

The same sad grey walls, big glass windows so that I could be observed and that damn red door that was the start of all my nightmares in this place.

Lost in my growing despair I had almost forgotten that Dr. Levi was there until he spoke, "I knew it! You are so close my dear I can smell them."

Smell them?! I parroted in my head as one of the only men I had admired and looked up to during the worse times of my life came into my line of sight. When I had seen him earlier, I thought it was a trick of the light but seeing him now I confirmed that I wasn't hallucinating.

He hadn't aged a bit! He had to be at least my father's age but he looked as vibrant and young as the day I first met him. The white, cotton, dress shirt he was wearing paired with the casual black slacks only increased his youthful aura.

His gaze locked with mine. His eyes blazed with a frenzied glow that made me think that he wasn't all together there. "Doctor Levi," I began as I searched for the right words to say that would get me out of this situation.

"Doctor Titus, I-- help me please." A slow grin crawled across his face followed by demented laugh in response, it was like watching a monster coming to life. It honestly scared the shit out of me and the horrific laugh he let loose sent my heart into overdrive.

With a sinking feeling I knew that there was no escape for me. I had fallen into the hands of the devil. With a speed that defied logic, he appeared over me straddling me and caressing my face. Revulsion mingled with panic swirled through me and I began to struggle involuntarily. I had to get out of these restraints.

"None of that my dear. You asked me to help you and that's exactly what I intend to do." With a playful wink, he leapt to the ground and disappeared leaving me bewildered and in a pool of my own sweat. "Oh my...what the hell is going on?!"

"Do you know how old I am little girl?" The stentorian voice of the doctor appeared out of nowhere. Causing a new coat of cold sweat to break out on my skin as I swiveled my head from left to right in a frantic effort to pinpoint the direction of his voice. There was a small breeze to my left and a blur flashed by me causing an unintentional flinch.

"Well do you?!" his voice sounded again and this time the breeze was to my right. I swore I saw a white lab coat. Confusion slowly gave way to disbelief as my other senses kicked into high gear allowing my mind to slow down the blur and the doctor's face became clear.