Eva Delfino

****no editing****

Crimson hair floated, weaved, and sparkled an elegant extension of the woman who stood in the middle of a party she wanted nothing to do with. Adorned in a frothy back less floor length green diamond studded gown that emphasized her tall voluptuous figure. It matched her sharp oval face was an inexplicable beauty that was the envy of many. That was how it typically was and in fact the party had started off with her being the center of attention. That was until her bonded came strolling in with a platinum blond wrapped around his arms as if to claim him. To add insult to injury the woman was supposed to be their son's bonded.

She remembered the night she had walked on them. She had been running around with work and meetings all day launch a new line of beauty products in the human and supernatural world. It was out of pure coincidence that she had decided to return home for a few hours to eat and relax before her next meeting. While vampires didn't need to sleep she found the action of closing her eyes helped to shut down her ever buzzing mind.

Walking through the doors of what was back then their bedroom she was surprised to see pieces of clothes both male and female some ripped and other tossed haphazardly around the room. But what really sent her over the edge was the intwined bodies that was rolling around on her bed.

She knew that from time to time Devon had taken a lover and though it pricked at her heart she never worried that it would be serious because it was always when he was traveling. One night stands she told herself, none of which could ever have a place in his heart not like she did.

In retro-respect it was foolish of her to believe such thoughts but she had, so to see him in their bed with someone else it rented the part of her that she had tried to nurture, the part that believed in love. She had stood there and let loose a hearting wrenching self-mocking laugh that surprised the lovers.

Finding her bonded in bed with another woman was already painful but when the face of the woman was revealed all love and wiliness to work things out dried up.

The face of Isabella RiCardino moss colored eyes starred back at her, her son's bonded. The doll like ethereal beauty's face was a picture of pleasure that was quickly overcome. For Eva it was one thing to hurt her and disregard her feelings after 600 years of life, betrayal was expected in some respects but to bed his son's newly bonded mate was beyond despicable.

She had walked away immediately informing her son of what she had seen. Together she and her son had ousted Devon from the company and practically banded him from royal society for his gruesome behavior. Though it was a spot on her reputation no one dared to bring it up. After all she was a part of the royal family sixteenth cousin far removed but she bore the name Delfino with reverence and elegance befitting a queen.

Many who knew of their situation looked on with amusement and waited for what they thought would be a show but she wouldn't give them the satisfaction. With a smile that lit up the room and reminded everyone there why they should be envious of her Eva Leanna Delfino the 18th greeted her cheating mate and the skank with grace that would make angels jealous. She sunk into a curtesy that was befitting of a king. "It is nice to see you again Devon, Isabella enjoy the party please." With a wave of her hand she dismissed them as if they were no more important than anyone else there.

No one could tell by looking at her that she was cursing her son black and blue in her mind. She never wanted this party to begin with turned 800 meant nothing to her but he had convinced her that it was worth celebrating. She had agreed of course with the stipulation that he was next to her every step of the way.

As luck would have it though she had been stood up and for a mutt no less. She had warned her son time and time again that hanging around with a disgusting wolf no matter how high his status was not done in their kingdom but for whatever reason her usually obedient son had ignored her words. Now when she could use him the most, he was at the wolf's side not hers.

Just as vibrant as her hair was is as fiery her temper, even though she had centuries to learn how to hide it. It didn't stop it flaring and right now watching everyone watch her to see what she would do was getting on her nerves. Moving slowly from the center she began to make her rounds around the party talking to, thanking and complimenting her guest.

Soon the entertainment for the night began and I finally had the chance to slip away. Memories of my past had been bubbling up since Devon's appearance and I needed a few moments to breathe. I slipped into the gardens to the right and went even a little further so that I would have true privacy. The older a vampire the more acute their hearing and with millennia old vampires in her party any privacy she would need have to be over ten miles away. She was at the edge of ten miles when she detected the near silent footsteps of someone following her.

"Who's there?" "Eva, its been a while how are you." Rolling her eyes in exasperation at the sound of her bonded's voice she turned and begin to speed away. She had no desire to talk to that idiot she was still linked to. "Please wait, we should talk"

"I'm not interested in hearing anything you have to say I came out here to breathe skank free air don't foul it up with your present." Without looking back she hiked up her dress and took off faster than even the inhuman eye could see. Before long she had traveled almost fifty miles out from her home.

By the time she stopped and looked around she was in a human clearing called Boston commons. It was quiet and peaceful and it soothed her soul in a way this day hadn't wrecked it.

Eva had been enjoying the quiet of the night so much so she had dulled her senses, so by the time she realized that she was surrounded it was too late.

All she heard was the zip of something coming towards her and as she dodged one from another direction came blazing towards her and even that one she was able to dodge. It took her a nano second to assess her situation and decide the best course of action.

Unfortunately for them her best course of action was to kill the team to her south and high tail it back to the mansion. She was mid move when something almost as quick as her appeared out of the shadows and knocked into her.

To her surprise whatever it was actually hurt her when it smack into her shocking her senses just long enough for it to double around and inject her with a syringe. Her last conscious though was what the fuck was that and why did it smell so funny.

Rebecca was almost to FBI laboratory when she got a call that made her heart speed up and a self satisfied smile spread across her face.

Not only had the people she worked for gotten their hands on a real vampire but the first outing of her most treasured experiment actually worked. She practically skipped from her car to the laboratory. She had many test to run and many discoveries to make. More than that she was sure that with the final pieces in place she was going to be able to successfully merge the supernatural with human DNA.

A wide child like grin did very little to hide to gleam in her eyeseven as the people around her stared at her with disease.