Chapter 16: 'When I Said I Wanted A Guy To Like Me, I Didn't Mean This'

Start from the beginning

'Have you contacted the local authorities about who you think it is? I'm sure they could have done something.'

'No sir, we figured we could get more done by ourselves.' I sent him a grim and scowled even further. 

'Well, I will let you go on your way. Just slow down.' He finished writing Davey his ticket and handed it to him, turning on his heel and practically stomping back to his patrol car. Davey waited for him to pull out and turn back around before pulling back onto the road and gasing it just as he had been before. 

'Thanks for getting us out of that. How did you know what to say to him?'

'Davey, are you really asking me that? I was the trouble making bad boy in high school. I think I can successfully dodge a cop by now. If I couldn't then all those years getting in trouble were in vain.' I sent him a smirk and he smiled shaking his head.

We drove for what felt like forever but I knew that it had only been about 5 minutes. We pulled into the driveway of a modest two story house. Jason's truck was parked in the driveway and there didn't appear to be any other cars. Good. We didn't want anyone else there while we were interrogating Jason or possibly beating the living daylights out of him if he did have Emily. 

I quickly got out of the car and made a beeline towards the door. Not even bothering to see if Davey was following. I had a mission in mind and I wasn't stopping until I got what I wanted. And at that moment, I wanted nothing more than Emily safe in my arms. I would do anything to make that happen and I had a feeling it wasn't going to be easy. I would do anything for her, though. I banged my fist against the door until the pain resonated in my hand. The pain was good though. It helped me think. Cleared my head. Jason wasn't coming to the door fast enough so I banged on the door once again. What if he did have Emily in his basement or something? Was that why it was taking so long for him to answer the door? I felt the anger boil in my blood and I was barely restraining myself from knocking the door down when it swung open before me.

'What the hell man? What are you doing at my house?' Jason was looking at me as if he had no idea why I was there. Sure he didn't.

'Where is she, man? And don't try and play any games with me. Just tell me where she is.' I wanted to punch him so badly when he didn't answer me immediatly. I felt Davey behind me and knew that if I tried to throw a punch he would stop me. He didn't want this to get any worse than it had to be at the moment, and I think he knew that soon enough it would get bad. Especially if Jason played dumb and didn't tell me where Emily was.

'Dude, I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm going to call the cops though if you don't chill out.' I scoffed. Liike he would want to call the cops in here when we knew that he was holding a teenage girl hostage.

'Right, Jason. I'm sure you would want to call the cops. Then we could tell them you were holding Emily hostage and your house would be searched. I'm pretty sure that kidnapping is a felony. Want to find out man? Or do you want to hand her over?' 

Jason gave me a bewildered look and snorted. 

'What kind of drugs are you on, bro? I'm sure they can get you some kind of help for this. I don't have Emily hostage. Emily isn't with me. I suspect she is at home reading or something like she usually does. The girl doesn't really have much of a life.' Before I knew what I was doing I had lunged at Jason and Davey was holding me back. Jason stepped back with a smug grin on his face.

'Where is she, Jason? I'm not playing this game with you! Just tell me where she is and we'll try to get you some help.' 

'I don't have her man! I don't want anything to do with the girl. The only reason I was messing with her because of Davey and because I wanted revenge for her breaking up with me. No girl ever breaks up with me.'