Chapter 10: 'Trying Something Different'

Trying Something Different

Davey’s P.O.V.

I can’t believe my luck. I didn’t know that Emily was actually going to be at the movies last night when I showed up there. I went there to take my mind off of her and there she was. She was just as gorgeous as she was that first night that we met at the coffee shop and if we’re being honest, after that, I went to the coffee shop every night looking for her. When she showed up the second time I couldn’t believe my luck then either. I must have been a pretty lucky guy. Well, other than the fact of her dating that loser, Daniel that I went to high school with. How could he win her over and I couldn’t? He was one of the biggest losers in our class. My luck wasn’t with me so much in that situation but I’m bound and determined to get Emily back. She will soon realize that Daniel isn’t right for her and that I am.  I can offer her a future, unlike Daniel.

I have never understood the girl’s fascination with Daniel. Why they flock to him and swoon. He’s good for nothing and is a screw up. Maybe it’s because he is such a loser and all the girls feel bad for him. That’s the only logic that I can come up with. This girl is different though. Emily is different. I haven’t been able to get her out of my mind since I met her. Her long black hair that is as dark as the night sky when the moon is almost nonexistent. Her beautiful hazel eyes and she was so nice and you could tell she didn’t think much of herself. Vulnerable. But oh, no. She was different last night at the movies.

She wasn’t as soft spoken and giggly as she was when I first met her, not two weeks ago. Daniel had changed her. I wasn’t going to let her stay with him any longer. Something was about to change and she would see that I knew what I was talking about. She was going to be her vulnerable self again. I was going to make sure of it.

My fascination with her is something even I don’t understand. Something about her just draws me in. She is like the sun on a cloudy day. Something to hope for. Daniel didn’t deserve her. Daniel deserved nothing at all. Even my ex in high school liked that emo freak. She liked him when she had me, head of the football team, jock extraordinaire. Maybe I wouldn’t want her so bad if Daniel hadn’t of been the one who got her, and maybe I shouldn’t hold a grudge against him, but I do, and I don’t think that’s going to change anytime soon.

‘Davey, man. Where are you?’ I heard Jason slam my apartment door and kick off his boots.

‘In the office.’ Jason clomped towards the room and stood behind me as I searched the web. Emily didn’t have a Facebook, or a Twitter. I had searched for the better part of the morning and still nothing.

‘Dude, she doesn’t have that. Trust me. She thought that it was overrated and cliché. She always thought she was better than everyone else.’ I turned around to see Jason roll his eyes at the end of his statement.

‘I kind of figured that out after an hour of searching and even looking through your friends list for her.’ I let out a humorless chuckle. Even Jason had got to date Emily and I wanted to hate him for that too, but I knew that I needed him for my plan to work.

‘Even if she did have one, she wouldn’t be on my friends list. She hates me or is scared of me or something, she wouldn’t add me.’ Jason didn’t get into what had happened between him and Emily but I had an idea that I would hate him for it. Plus, I knew that once Emily and I were together, that she would tell me all about it, and I could finally do what I wanted to Jason from day one.

‘Oh yeah. Guess not. Oh well, so did you find out what I needed you to?’ Jason nodded his head.

‘Yeah man, I did, but can I ask what you need all this information for? I kind of feel like I’m stalking the girl and people are going to start thinking I’m not over the girl and I totally am.’