Chapter Ten Dance Dilemma

Macy's POV

"Just stand here until 8:40 and then walk in if you go with the plan," Nora says.

"Go with the plan," Billy says winking as he and Nora head towards their school.

This couldn't hurt anything it would just give Max a chance to ask me and Noah wouldn't know unless he knows I know because Phoebe is a terrible liar and cherry never shuts up. But Billy winked so something has to be up. I take one step forward towards the school but stop.

The first bell rings at 8:20 I'll just walk in then. It still leaves me 4 minutes to get to Mr.Begbootay's classroom which should be enough time since my chemistry book and folder are already in my backpack. This way Noah can't ask me and Max wasn't going to ask me outside the school anyway, I hope. But Nora did say 8:40 but I can't be that late otherwise I will for sure get detention and Cherry and Phoebe want to go dress shopping after school so I can't get detention. Plus Barb and Hank are mad enough about the pancake mess I don't need to get them more upset.

I look down at my watch to see the time. It's 8:10 another 10 minutes and then I'll enter.

I look around taking in the beige colored two-story school that looks nothing like my old one. My old school was one story with red bricks and a giant sign in front that read 'Go Cougars!' Well, it did until Hunter Dean felt the need to Spray paint his name across it. He was not the brightest bulb.

My thoughts continue to run over random memories from my old school until I fully circle back to wondering why Billy had winked. He had to have been in on something. But it's not like Max is going to meet me out here, why would Max plan for me to be late right after we already got in trouble.

Going to the dance with Noah would be fun and I do kinda like him. His kind caring self with swept up black hair. But Max is funny and his laugh is so intoxicating I could hear it all day and not get sick of it. I just feel something a lot stronger around Max than I do Noah. But what if Max doesn't want to ask me and he is a player. Nora and Phoebe had very different perspectives but none of them will matter if Max doesn't even ask me.

Wait would Barb and Hank not want me in the house if I'm dating their son? I can't live on the streets? Okay, Macy, you are officially overreacting. Calm down. I think as I focus on my breathing trying to leave all my thoughts behind. I look down at my watch and read 8:19.

I look at the street for oncoming traffic and then cross. As I walk into the school I hear the chiming of the bell. I head towards chemistry. Maybe Max will ask me during class. I just hope he asks me soon.

"Hey Macy" Phoebe greets me as I walk in, "I was wondering where you were"

"I was... In the bathroom" I lie

"Macy you're coming with us after to school to go dress shopping, right?" Cherry asks from her spot next to Phoebe at the back table.

"Of course" I reply just as the bell rings again signally Mr. Begbootay to start yelling out his lecture as he knocks things to the floor. "I better go sit down" I whisper to Phoebe and Cherry and I head to the front table to sit down next to Noah

"Hey" Noah whisper greets me. "I was looking for you this morning"

"Oh, I was running late. I'm not used to this whole leave with enough time to walk to school thing. I'm used to having my parents drive me to school." I lie. "Was there something you needed?"

"No, I was just hoping you weren't lost or anything." He's such a sweet guy. Now I feel bad for avoiding him. I do like him I just really really like Max. Maybe Noah doesn't even want to ask me. Maybe neither of them want to ask me.