Chapter Seven Supper Preparation

***Macy's POV***

Phoebe and I reach the Thunderman house and walk in, we had spent the rest of the walk here talking about how rude Mr. Begbootay is. We walk into see Max is laying on the couch watching TV while a bunch of clashing noises come from the kitchen which I'm guessing are because of Nora and Billy.

"So how was your first day, Macy?" Max asks.

"While it was going fine since in every class I have at least you, Phoebe, or Noah. Until one of them decided to be rude to the other for no good reason," I replied slightly bitterly. Max has no reason to be mean to Noah. Noah is kind, caring, does his school work, and is the only friend I've made here outside the Thundermans.

"Jesh Phoebe, stop being so rude" Max sarcastically tries to blame her.

"Max just tell me why you're acting towards Noah this way," I say well sitting down next to him on the couch. Phoebe walks past us to the kitchen to see what was happening with Nora and Billy.

"Macy," Max says turning off the TV and facing towards me, "I've been here longer than you, I've heard how he has treated other girls at his old schools, I talk to some of the guys on the teams he plays on and most of them have nothing good to say about him. He may act nice now but that's just to get on your good side so eventually you'll date him. Think about it, did you sit with any of his friends or see him with any friends? And no it's not just because high school is cliquey."

"Max, that could all just be gossip from jealous people. For all you know the guys on his team are jealous of how good he is and the other girls just weren't the ones for him so they broke up and the girls went crazy over it and started rumors so no one else would date him." I respond defensively.

"Macy, do I look like the type to gossip? Besides I'm was just trying to keep you from getting hurt. But I'll stop. Go ahead and get your heart broken and feelings stomped on."

"Max, I can handle myself. So please just be nice to him." I plead.

"Fine, I won't be so rude to him but i'm not going to be friends with him." He answers while standing up to walk away.

"Wait Max, even though it's extremely unnecessary for you being rude and I wish for you to stop...thank you, for your intentions of being protective of me, no one has ever cared about me that much."

"You're welcome Macy and you deserve to be protected."

"Thank you Max." I hug him. He wraps his arms around me as I wrap mine around him. Holy crap I'm hugging Max! The butterflies in my stomach erupt maybe I do like him. But he couldn't

like me he was protecting me like he would protect a sister.

Max pulls away, opens the hatch to his room, and disappears. I go to sit down on the couch when suddenly an even louder bang comes from the kitchen. I rush over to find flour everywhere and a metal bowl on top of Billy's head.

"Ta-da!" yells Billy

"What the?" I saying taking in my full surroundings. Phoebe is looking through cookbooks by the fridge, Billy still has a bowl on his head, and Nora is mixing a purple chunky mixture by the sink."

"Dinner will be ready in 2 hours," nervously laughs Nora.

"It's the kids' turn to make supper," explains Phoebe, " We have absolutely no idea what we are doing."

"Shouldn't Max be up here if it's kids' turn?" I ask. Everyone turns to look at each other then burst out laughing.

"Max helping? Good one Macy!" Laughs Billy.