Chapter 10: A moments rest

Start from the beginning

Joseph: "Look, I still remember my first kill... I was only nine at the time. The feeling will never go away and imagine if you're someone like me... I've killed hundreds of people. But you either have to learn to deal with that feeling in your gut, find a way to move past it, or die in

your next battle.”

Leo: "That's easier said than done, but I guess you're right..."

They sat in silence for a few moments before Joseph broke it again, "Can I ask you something?" Leo looked up at Joseph and then back at the floor, "Yeah... sure..." Joseph leaned against the wall maintaining eye contact with Leo, "Do you and your friends really believe you're from Earth?" Leo, angry with the same question Joseph had asked yelled "NO!! We don't believe, we know!! I was born and raised there!!" Joseph remained calm as Leo's voice grew louder, but he wouldn't back down.

Joseph: "I'm sorry it's just hard to believe your claim when you all speak perfect Avarish, you all know how to wield these weapons with skill, and you! You have this accelerated healing ability and this sword that can disappear and reappear at your command. By the time you arrived here, your wounds were healed as if they never happened. Your body has restored the amounts of blood you lost, and you have this armor that is made of dragon leather! The facts are against you... You have so much of our world, how can you be from a lost one?"

Leo: Joseph for the last and final time I'm not from anywhere around here! My friends and I come from Earth! I can't explain these abilities! Or the armor! I know I definitely can't explain the sword thing." Leo paused for a minute trying to calm down his anger. "Look, Joseph... I just want to find a way to get home. Is there anything you remember from history that could explain the disappearance of Earth?"

Joseph could sense the sincerity in his voice. He closed his eyes and thought hard, trying to remember his lessons in history. "Well let's see... Earth disappeared about a thousand years ago. Before Earth's disappearance, there was the second galactic civil war that lasted for 50 years, more or less, and divided the galaxy into four factions, Imperial, Avari, Argiean, and Varcolian space. The civil war found firearms becoming increasingly dangerous and a treaty was formed to ban them. There were a few rebellions in the other factions, mostly in the Argiean governments, but nothing comes to mind. I'm sorry. Nothing I know points to why it disappeared, and I'm positive there's nothing in the Imperial records. It just vanished."

Leo wasn't about to give up hope. He intended to keep his promise to Shana, but first he was going to have to learn the mysteries about this new world he was in. "So you mentioned earlier there are 7 different species of humans... remind me what they are?" Joseph took Leo's question with some humility. He was starting to believe that Leo was from Earth, or at least he believed that Leo believed he was from Earth.

Joseph: "Yes there are seven in total... if you count Earthlings as one..." Leo gave Joseph a dirty look.

"As I was saying each one has been classified and each one has their own abilities. Starting with Earthlings, they're pretty much normal from what our scientist could tell. Although extensive study showed that Earthlings appeared to have a certain D.N.A. combination of all the species put together allowing them to have a greater ability to survive and adapt. Next we have the Centenarians; we are currently on Centeria, the home planet of both the Imperial Empire and the Neucenian government. Originally known as the Magi and still called Mages to this day,Centenarians are humans who learned to use 95% of their brain functions when they were younger as a species. While most species use about 15-20% these humans can use Magic due to their higher brain functions, but any species of human can learn magic with years of proper training."

Leo: "Wait, magic exists?!"

Joseph: "It does but not in the way you probably think it does... umm... I can't really explain it cuz I never studied it, but it has a lot to do with learning to control the electrons around you and shit... at the capitol you can find historians and books that can explain it better than I can."