Chapter 1

Life

" shh...nova...it's okay" I said to her, as we were kept into a small room. It was a basement with bump bed for two, usually I sleep with nova. Nova hardly gets never any sleep, knowing a soldier who captured us. Is above us, doing something up there, he could be planning our deaths. Right now that was my fear, specially for nova 's life , such as a short life for young 6 years old girl. She started to calm down, she started to look for this doll. That I made out of scraps and rags, which she loved in her world it was a Barbie doll.

I saw her scar on her neck, it was her where the doctor took her vocal cords out. It still hurt, that damn Colonel
because he thinks that illness. That makes everyone  mute and dumb, that's what his crazy brain told and  that's what's he make his followers believe and they. Too, faithfully like the soldier was keeping us here,  some days were harder than other days. Nova was playing with her doll, she had long blonde hair kinda wavy. Unlike my hair, I had more brownish – blonde hair but it was more straight.

The sunlight was leaking through the window that was in the basement. But it had bars within the window, I try to escape thought that but nothing. I knew we had to escape this place and get away from her with nova. Try to survive from the madness that was happening around us. As I was deep in though the door open, man with a gas mask. To protect him from the illness, nova ran under the bed and hid. He had a gun so I could not escape at the time, he would shoot me or nova. We both been dead

He drop the tray food was in bags, I think it was space food of some kind. But it was gross and nasty, than man left than I heard the door shut and locked. Soon after I squatted down, " he's gone nova, dinner time" I told her softly and sweetly. She came over and we started to eat the food, the food was gitty and nasty tasting. But we needed to eat it, after our awful dinner we lay down in bed. Kept thinking will we ever escape from his hellhole and go somewhere better.