Chapter Fourteen

Hey guys,

I'm so sorry that it took so long to get this out but I've been lazy AND I've had writers block. So I'm sorry that this chapter might be a bit sucky but I promise I'm going to be putting my full effort into the next one :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Fourteen:

“Honey, why are you crying?” My head whipped up to meet my Mom’s eyes, the exact colour of mine. The green colour seemed to have lost its sparkle. My Mom was dying. That just added fuel to the fire, I couldn’t hold the sobs back anymore.

“Oh Mommy,” I sobbed, grabbing her hand. She let me cry silently, patting my hand when the sobs grew louder.

When I had calmed down my Mom smiled at me before asking, “What happened?”

So I told her. I told her how I met Troy, how I had met him and that I was deeply and idiotically in love with him. How I had felt when he sent me that text, why I was in the hospital.

“I mean how can you fall in love with someone of the internet?” I huffed, “That makes it sound like something is wrong with me. Did you drop me as a baby Mom?” I asked her, sitting straight faced on one of the hospital chair.

She sent me a glare, or well tried to.

“You can’t help with who you fall in love with.” She told me.

I rolled my eyes, “Well what if Troy wasn’t a eighteen year old guy but a thirty-nine year old paedophile?”  I raised my eyebrow.

“What’s wrong with being thirty-nine?” My Dad spoke from behind me. A smile spread across my face and I turned around. My Dad stood in front of the door, briefcase in hand. His white work short was hanging, not tucked in. His tie hung loosely around his neck and for once, since we had found out about my Mom’s cancer, he was smiling.

“A lot apparently,” My Mom giggled. My Dad sent a smile in her direction.

“Hey babe,” That was my cue.

“Alright, I’m happy that you guys love each other and shit but daughter in the room!” I exclaimed, covering my eyes as my Dad leaned down to kiss my Mom.

“Then go pee or something.” I could hear kissing sounds and I swear, I wheeled the wheel chair so fast out of that hospital room that I’m pretty sure I did I wheelie.

In the safety of the hospital bathrooms I let myself take a deep breath and relax, looking into the mirror I didn’t notice the girl staring back at me. My dark hair looked brittle and it was all matted across my face.  My green eyes no longer held the shine they had when I was with Troy.

He had such a great affect on my life, and because he wasn’t here I was falling apart. Piece by piece.

Casual wheeling  back into the hospital room I saw my Mom and Dad whispering closely, both of them shutting up as I entered the room.

“What’s going on?” I asked suspiciously, eyeing them.

“Nothing.” My Father said innocently while my Mom shrugged her shoulders. I looked at them one more time before shrugging nonchalantly. I sat in the chair in the corner, just watching my parents. I know we never had the best relationship but they were still my parents. I loved them, and I hoped with all my heart that they returned that love.

“Jasmine, what’s wrong?” My Dad asked, bringing me from my thoughts. I smiled at the scene in front of me; my Dad was sitting on my Mom’s bed, their hands intertwined and her head laying on his shoulder.