Chapter Nine

Hope you guys like this chapter :)

Enjoy :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Nine: "I already asked you,"

"You really love him, don't you?" Cynthia asked as we sat in the cafeteria, watching Troy goof around with his friend. He was sitting at his usual table with his friends, poking people as they were walking past , I smiled as I watched him poke one of the most strict teacher and act like nothing happened when the teacher turned around.

"Yeah, I do." I said and turned back to her, she looked better today. She told me that she was finally over what Joshua had done to her but I would find her sometimes staring at him, she liked him more than she would let on.

"Have you told him?" I shook my head," Are you crazy? I found out the guy that I've liked for the past year and a half is here, in California and you want me to tell him that I love him?" She nodded her head.

"Yes, you're crazy." She rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Oh, I have a great idea!" She exclaimed after a few minutes of silence, her outburst caused me to choke on the apple I was eating. I coughed and coughed, my face going red. Cynthia looked at me worridly but relaxed when I stopped coughing, "Sorry," She apologised sheepishly.

"It's okay. What's your oh so great idea?" I asked, throwing my apple core in the nearby dustbin.

"You should ask him out on a date." She told me, examining her nails.

"No." I said immediately, "I will not ask the guy out, that doesn't happen." I told her, looking at her if she was crazy. Which she is.

"Why not? It's clear that he likes you, so why would he say no?" She asked, getting up from the table. I joined her and together we walked to Physics.

"Maybe," I sighed, thinking about it. Maybe he would say yes but maybe he wouldn't.

"I'll think about it." She beamed at me and opened the classroom door.

-*-

"So," I trailed off I was sitting in the car, watching Troy drive the car. A silly smile played on his lips, as if he was trying not to laugh.

"Would you like to ask me something?" My heart stopped, how did he know.

"You seem to have forgotten that I've been talking to you for two years, I know when you say 'so' that you would like to ask me something. So ask." He stated matter of factly, I gapped at him, impressed and embarrassed that he knows me so well ans that he actually observed my 'ways'.

"Okay so, Cynthia has this crazy idea in her head that I should ask you to go out on a date with me but then I told her that she was crazy." I said all in one breath, I saw Troy smiled from the corner of my eye.

"Love, take a breath." He smiled and patted my head, "I'd love to go on a date with you. And if I remember correctly I already asked you," He ruffled my hair and gave me a cheeky grin.

"Really?" I asked surprised. He laughed and nodded his head. I reached over and gave him a one armed hug, I kissed his cheek and pulled back.

"Sorry," I looked down and blushed.

"I don't mind." He pulled the car into the drive way on stopped, cutting the engine off.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked and smiled. I thought about it for a moment, where did I want to go? Smiling brightly to myself I told him, "How about we go to one of my favourite parks? I could show you around California."

He smiled and nodded his head.

-*-

"My Mom used to bring me here when I was younger," I whispered to him as we sat on the swings. The creak of the rusted chains broke the ilence of the night, the last of the birds chirped and the wind howled softly through the trees.

"She's really going to die isn't she, Troy?" I asked, whispering, afraid my voice would show all the emotions I was feeling. Suddenly I was pulled up ad wrapped into an embrace, you know that feeling when someone is hugging you and you're crying and then it only makes you cry harder? Now was one of those moments.

"It's okay, I'm here. Just let it all out okay?" He cooed into my ear, I nodded my head against his chest and tightened my arms around him, I was afraid that if I didn't hold on tight enought he would be ripped out of my life, just like what was happening with my Mom.

Slowly, Troy walked to one of the park benches and sat us down on it, me curled into his side.

"I'll never let you go, I promise." I sniffed and nodded my head, I pressed my face into the arch of his neck, breathing in his smell to calm me down.

Troy never loosened his hold on me, we sat there until the sun set. The purple, oranges and yellows mixed in the sky creating some sort of scene you would only find in a fairytale. The wind had stopped but a child replaced it.

Troy placed a soft kiss on my forehead, "I love you." He whispered.

A smiled formed on my lips, "I know."

Troy gasped and slapped me lightly on the shoulder, I let out a giggle and snuggled deeper into his arms.

Troy was like my antibiotics, he always made things better.

"Come on, lets get you home." Troy told me tenderly, it had gotten very cold, very quickly. Troy wrapped one arm around my legs and the other one was wrapped around my waist.

"Up you go."

"You know," I started, shifting uncomfortabley in his arms, "I do have legs."

"I know that," He said with sarcastically, "I just want to carry you." He explained with a shrug, I rolled my eyes and hooked my hands around his necks, giving myself more support and the reasurance that if he dropped me, that he was coming down too.

When we reached the car, I opened the passanger door with my hand, not wanting Troy to do it and let me fall in the process. He placed me in the car and shut the door, hurridly he walked to the drivers side and jumped in.

Turning the car on he blasted the heat as high as it could go, gearing the car in reverse he pulled into the vacant street. I stared longingly at the empty park wishing that my Mother and I could come here one last time.

The heater warmed me slightly but not enough to stop the shivers that were passing through my body every few seconds.

"Come here." Troy instructed, reaching out with one arm he pulled me to his side. He was incrediably warm.

"Thanks," I thanked him gratefully, my body was slowly starting to warm up and it was all thanks to Troy.

"I really like your skin colour," I whispered, tracing the arm that was resting on his thigh. I felt a slight shiver go through hi body, giving him goosebumps. I smiled smugly and looked up at him, he had a goofy smile on his face,"Really? Why?"

I hardly heard his question because I was too busy staring at the way his lips moved when he spoke, I was about to reach up and kissed him when the car stopped. Shaking my head I looked around. We were back at Trey's house.

"Want some tea?" I asked him, smiling warmly up at him.

"British people sure do love their tea." He winked playfully and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it!

Hope you enjoyed!

Vote,comment and fan!

OhMandyXD