Visions of Jared waking up as Leah pulled the weapon out with him filled her crazed mind. She could only imagine the punishment she'd receive. How much blood would be gushing out of her as they left her to die on the ground after giving her the beating of her life. Maybe they'd even use the knife on Leah.

Oh no.

Her breath began to hitch in her throat and she tried so hard to brush those images from her brain as the knife and fork were placed down. Letting out air, Leah shakily picked them up and began to tuck into her food, avoiding the meat.

Jared narrowed his eyes at Leah again and he noticed her pale face gazing at the food. His black eyes scanned the bruise Leah also had on her eye that he'd created with his forceful movement. He also recognised how tired she looked; she didn't appear the same as when he'd first met her. The day his dad brought her home and told him She was his wife for the rest of His life.

" Are you okay?" Jared asked, shifting closer to Leah and she shot her body away, but her eyes towards him like he'd just pinched her.

" Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Leah said, acting like she didn't have a clue what he was talking about. She was getting annoyed at herself due to the fact she was making it so obvious she was worried about something. Jared would find out if she didn't calm herself down, then she'd hate herself even more than she already did.

Jared didn't look convinced and went to speak again. But before he had the chance, Gabriel spoke up.

" So, Leah, tell us about you. Or, Jared, perhaps you could. I'm sure he has been asking to hear so much about you." Gabriel chirped, finishing his glass of orange juice in one gulp.

Jared hadn't, and Leah didn't know what to say to that. If she explained that he hadn't, Gabriel would most likely tell his son off. Then Jared would definitely give her more than a telling off. Over all that, Leah didn't have too much to say about herself. She didn't have much of a life outside here due to Derek creating a barrier between herself and the outside world.

Leah coughed awkwardly when she realised she'd took too long to reply. Gabriel spoke again before she had the chance to redeem herself. "Son, have you asked Leah about anything?"

Jared went red in the cheeks for the first time in forever and continued to pick at his meat. He wouldn't dare look up at his father.

"It hasn't really came up," Jared told him and Theo gave a slight chuckle under his breath. Jared didn't bother to shoot a glare.

Gabriel rose his eyes in incredulity, his face moving to Jared. They communicated through their eyes and Gabriel's told Jared he'd be questioned outside of the dinner table.

" Well, I guess now is your chance too hear, Jared. Come on, Leah. Tell us a little about you."

The whole table gazed at her, beckoning her to start. Leah's mind was running wild- her thoughts were over- crowding her educated brain. But no matter how many thoughts there were in Leah's head, she couldn't think of a single, interesting thing to say about herself, which caused her to choke something ridiculous out in an attempt to fill the silence.

"I dropped out of college the same day I started."

What a stupid thing to say.

They were going to think the worst of her. But they didn't necessarily have a leg to stand on considering the lifestyle they lived. Had any of them even had an education?

" You did?" Theo sniggered like Leah was the most dumbest person he'd ever spoken to. His laughing caused his bruised eye to crinkle more."Why?"

Oh gosh, Theodore. How you shouldn't of asked that. Leah felt as if the room was closing in on her for some reason and her eyes lashed amongst the group of people in front of her. Lindsay hadn't said a word since Gabriel began speaking, and instead kept her head down, eating her food.