Chapter 25: Freedom

[Name] lurched forward, gasping loudly as she did so. Her gasp echoed through the sewers as she sat up. Her legs were shaking violently and there was a lump in her throat. By the nasty taste in her mouth she had assumed that'd she'd fallen asleep. She hadn't remembered doing so though... The sewers were darker than she remembered yesterday. She reached out behind her to reassure her that Patrick was there, but felt nothing but cold stone. "Hey Patrick? Where are you?", she called into the sewers. No response. "Okay I'm so done with your shit man!", she screamed out. "You know what?! Fuck you! I'm getting out of here!", [Name] screamed.

       She grabbed her backpack and all the things she had packed and stood up. She was leaving whether Patrick was with her or not. She set out, turning the corners of the sewers. To her, it seemed as if it were never ending passageways. So many grates and curved sewer walls. She sat down in defeat. "Fuck this...he dragged me into this I fucking hate him"  She muttered to herself, dropping her head into her hands. She couldn't even find the tears to cry, so she sat there in silence.

     After what felt like an eternity of sitting with herself she moved her hands. A simple groan echoed through the sewers. "Patrick?", [Name] questioned. "Find me...", he voice said. She had certainly recognized it as his. "Patrick!!" , she screamed. She ran towards the series of groans struggled breathing. The sound of her splashing shoes echoed as she ran. The sound of his voice grew closer and closer until it felt right next to her. She took her last turn.

       There was Patrick, laying in the water, blood pooling around him,  staining the  water and his clothes deep crimson. [Name] began to hyperventilate. "Patrick? Answer me what happened to you?", she dropped down to her knees next to him. He looked up at her. His eyes showed nothing. They seemed empty. His nose was bleeding and his forehead had a large laceration. One of his legs had been cut deep and his shirt was stained with blood. The cuts that he had looked like that had been made with claws. "I...shit... I don't know what happened I..."  he choked out. She moved his hair out of his face frantically and pulled her backpack out. "I'm gonna put some alcohol on your leg okay?"

       He nodded slowly, taking up what seemed to be all of his energy. "Hey hey stay with me okay?! C'mon!" [Name screamed]. He flashed a small smirk, "I'm not gonna die, [Name], I'm gonna be okay...", he said in a hoarse voice. He was wrong and she knew it. Only time could tell how much longer he had until he would bleed out. She poured the alcohol on his leg and he winced in pain and grabbed her arm tightly. "Sorry, you'll thank me later", she said, trying to be smug. But who was she kidding? She was freaking out. "We're gonna get out of here okay?", she looked at him.

     "I thought you didn't care anymore and wanted to get out alone", he let out a tired giggle. "I'm sorry I thought you were fucking around with me", [Name] said. "I know.. I was only joking", he kept his little smirk. "Shut up. Let's just get you out of here so you can get some help", [Name] said, pulling Patrick up and leaning him on her shoulder. She support wasn't much because of the height difference, but hell, she would do anything to get them both out safely.

I'm finally alive! Slowly getting back into writing. I'm gonna try to publish another chapter this weekend too because I really feel bad about not posting for you guys. I know how it feels lol. Thanks for reading!

-646 words