Chapter 20: Stuck

[Name] stared down the sewers open mouth. It was eerie and completely dark. She whipped out her flashlight and shone it in, exposing dark colored up ahead. She gagged, "It smells like shit", she said. "Well that's because it is", Patrick answered, stepping into the water. "So why are we here again?", she asked him. [Name] had a disgusted look on her face. "Because I wanted to check it out. I wanted to look for the corpses", he  teased, "Now you better get in here before I push you in." Visibly frowning, she cautiously took her first step into the water. Although it was shallow, she couldn't even see her shoe through it. She placed her other foot into the water, despite being grossed out at the first step.

       She took three simple steps further, "I hate this and I hate you", she said. "Yeah that's a lie", he responded, "You love me." She rolled her eyes. He took out his own flashlight and shone it into the "void". Towards the end were two tunnels that branched off the first. "I say we take the right tunnel", he said. "Whatever", she responded. Their boots sloshed in the murky water, creating gross noises as their feet were lifted. Patrick turned the right corner and [Name] followed after. It was even darker than the entrance. "Look, um...I'm feelings kinda nauseous right now, I wanna go home and lie down. Let's do this another day", [Name said. There really wasn't a lie here. She was feeling quite sick. He sighed, "We better come back next week", he said. Relieved, [Name] turned back around the corner.

       Rather than seeing the sewers opening, it was a closed grate. "Uh. Where the fuck is the exit?", she asked, feeling anxious. "Well, it was right there", Patrick responded, "I wouldn't worry, maybe we took a wrong turn." [Name] was going bug eyed. She could've sworn this was the way they entered. "This is not fucking happening...", she said. She pulled the little exacto knife she had packed for herself. "Woah woah, what's that for", Patrick asked. "I don't know, but if anything comes at me, they're as fucking good as dead!", she yelled into the depths of the sewer. In reality, she looked more like a frightened little kid than the tough teenager she thought she was. She was in for a long night.

I'm finally back! Sorry for the gross wait, I was trying to get my mind together because I was so distracted by the chaos. Thank you everyone who wished me good healing!!

-432 words