Shall we?

I stared into his picture one more time. His brown eyes told me a tale about himself. His lips, his nose, they all fit perfectly with his face. I have to say that I was a lucky girl. He was my boyfriend, and I can’t believe that we’ve been together for three years. Everything was perfect when I was with him.

 My parents were strict, so we keep our relationship secret. It was hard at first, but then I get used to it as time went on.

“There you are. You are perfect!” Tommy said as he finished my hair and make up. He had been my best friend all my life. He was gay and I was cool with that.

“You really are my friend.” I snapped while hitting his shoulder.

 “You’re such a brutal woman. I hate you!” he joked as he headed towards my bed, just beside my mirror.

 “And you are a drama queen.” I said while I slipped into my pumps. “So? How do I look?” I asked while turning around.

  He rolled his eyes and said “Okay... I accept, you are more beautiful than me. Now, go and make me proud.”

  I glanced into my wrist watch, the long hand stroke at 12, while the short hand was at 6, just the right time to arrive at our favorite restaurant where we’re going to celebrate our third anniversary together. I get into my car and arrived at exactly 6:15 pm. I settled myself in one of the tables, where the waiter went to get my order. I said that I was waiting for someone. After one hour of waiting, finally, he arrived.

 “You are late again.” I said as I watched him taking a seat in front of me.

  “Sorry. I have a class and the traffic.” He explained while grabbing the menu just in front of him.

  “Don’t worry, let’s just eat.” I demanded. He was always been like this, every time we had a dinner or even a simple date. I guess we are completely opposite.

“Can I get your order Ma’am?”  The waiter asked.

 “I’ll have rice and a salad.” I said while the waiter wrote it down on a piece of paper.

  “I’ll have the same.” Mark said while giving me a smile.

 “Okay Ma’am, your order will be served just a little while.” The waiter said then left us.

  “Happy 3rd anniversary!” I blurted. I noticed that he was quite surprised as he gave me a grin. What is happening to him? Did he just fail his exam? Or did he just lose his wallet?

“Same!” he replied while looking away from me. Seriously? He was so weird today. Did I just say something wrong?

 “So how was school?” I asked, just to divert his attention. I was 1 year ahead of him. I just graduated last year, while he was on his fourth year.

 “It was fine actually and things are so busy for exams and activities and all that stuff.”

 I nodded. The waiter finally arrived, carrying our order. He placed the food and then left. I started eating my food when he looked at me for a while. He was so creepy.