13 | apologies

"j-jake?"

jake looked up from his laptop. seeing albert at the door, he had on some plaid pjs and a hoodie.

"hm?" jake hummed, trying to act casual.

albert slowly entered his room, "i want to apologize... im sorry for ignoring you these past few days..."

jake closed his laptop and shook his head, "no, i should apolagize."

"no, i overreacted." albert said.

"you had every right to, i fucked up at the theme park, and im sorry." jake said, standing up.

albert let out a shaky sigh. before he could say anything, jake pulled him in for a tight hug. albert gladly hugged back.

"we should go for a walk."

jake rested his head on alberts, "to?"

albert shrugged, "i dunno, we can go to a park or something..."

they finally pulled apart from the hug, both missing eachothers presence the second they did.

"alright, lets go."

...

surprisingly, it was a bit windy. albert wore a red hoodie, and jake decided to wear a blue one.

they walked in comfortable silence, enjoying the cool wind blowing against them.

after a 15 minute walk they arrived at a park, which was empty.

jake ran to the monkey bars, albert laughed as jake climbed up right away. albert followed close behind, they both sat on top of the bars.

albert suddenly smirked, getting an idea, "jake, im falling!"

he fell back, making jake scream. of course albert just hung upside down. jake glared at him, "ha ha, very funny."

jake fell back too, both hanging upside down. they looked at eachother and burst out laughing.

albert swiftly got down from the bars, while jake on the other hand, just fell down, not so swiftly.

albert went over to the swings, sitting on one. once jake recovered from the fall albert yelled for him to go and push him.

"cant you push yourself?" jake questioned, pushing albert.

"too much effort."

jake rolled his eyes and laughed, "i wanna swing too."

he sat on a swing. they both swung in silence, jake was determined to go higher than albert.

after a bit they both stopped, albert fiddled with his hands, which were freezing. he glanced over at jake, who was staring at the sky.

albert smiled to himself, and suddenly he thought, now was the perfect time to tell jake.

he didnt know what to say at first, he didnt want to be too blunt, but not to subtle. not to cheesy but also very caring.

he sighed, catching jake's attention, "you okay?"

"yea, im fine." albert answered. it was silent for a few minutes, albert was mustering up the courage to just tell him.

"jake, i need to tell you som-"

before albert could finish, jake's phone went off. he gave albert an apologetic look, jake stood and answered it.

albert looked back at the ground, now thinking against telling jake. he grew scared and nervous. he let out a sigh, now's not the right time...

jake went back to the swings, "what were you saying?"

albert shook his head, "forgot what i was gonna say." he lied.

jake hummed in response, "so, who was that?" albert questioned.

"oh just, my mom checking up on me..." jake lied. albert laughed slightly,

"what a mama's boy." he teased. jake laughed, "shut up."

after a bit jake noticed albert shivering. he stood up, "we should head back, its pretty cold."

albert nodded and stood.

on their way home albert tried rubbing his hands together to get them warm. it didnt work.

jake glanced over at him, he smiled and extended his hand. albert gave him a questioning look.

"it'll keep one of your hands warm atleast."

albert blushed, he slowly reached and held jakes hand. it certainly worked, his whole body seemed warm now.

jake just smiled, trying to act normal, but on the inside he was freaking out.

he was holding his hand!

jake knew it meant nothing, but he just decided to enjoy it for now.

jake was cut off from his thoughts when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

it was probably zoe, texting about their 'date' tomorrow...