Chapter 10

Oh my God! I seriously cannot believe this many people like my story! To be honest, I didn't believe my story would be such a hit! I know there's still stories with many more readers and votes and such, but hey! I'm just excited it got over 1,000! Anyway, I'm gonna start to try to update everyday, so yay! But, on wards to the new chapter! Love you all so much! Bye! -Lydia

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock sat between his mother and John in the backseat of a cab, His black coat wrapped like a security blanket around himself. John occupied himself by looking out the window, watching London and all of the people walking that were around John's age himself.

"So, John. What has Sherlock told you about me?" Sherlock's Mother asked John suddenly.

"All good, I can ensure you, Ma'am." John smiled, looking past Sherlock at his smiling mother. When John looked back at Sherlock, he was stareing at John with a look that John could only identify as love. 

"Sherlock, dear. Your being awfuly queit... You okay?" His mother said, interupting John and his little stare off. 

"Um- I'm- Yes, mum. I'm fine." Sherlock awnsered, tearing his gaze away from John's.

"Good." His mother grinned at him then turned to look out the window.

"John." Sherlock whispered. John looked at a grinning Sherlock. 

"What?" John barely had time to ask before he was anwsered. Sherlock leaned into John, grabbing his face gently and  pulling him up towards Sherlock. John kissed back,wrapping his arms around Sherlock, acciedently hitting his Mum.  Sherlock heard his Mother laugh a bit, then shift to make more room for the two.

 John had never kissed Sherlock like this, not wanting to go to far or anything. John's hands were wrapped around Sherlock's upper body. Sherlock pulled apart, smiling at John. 

"I love you." He whispered to John.

"I love you too, Sherlock." John whispered back, looking up at Sherlock, still holding him.

________________________________________________________

Everyone in the cab remained silent, in till they reached the restaurant. 

"Will this restaurant be alright?" Sherlock's mother asked, smiling at the two of them. 

Sherlock was about to reject the restaurant, when John cut him off. "Yes, this will be perfect!" He said, smiling at her. John followed Sherlock's mother in, with Sherlock following behind him like a lost puppy. 

A waiter showed John, Sherlock and His Mother to a table, and handed them a menu. Sherlock put his menu aside without looking at it, which earned a glance from John.

"Sherlock, you have to eat." John said, sending a sharp glance at Sherlock.

"I'm not hungry.' Sherlock shot back at John. 'And if I did get my own plate, I wouldn't eat all of it, so it would be a waste of money."

"Then share a meal with me." John suggested, grinning. 

"Fine. You chose the meal, though." Sherlock answered. John smiled at Sherlock. "So, John, what are you going to school for?" Sherlock's Mother asked. "Well, I want to be a doctor, so I'm starting at Baskerville, then going to St.Barts." John answered proudly. "That's wonderful! Do you and Sherlock have any classes together?" She asked, looking between the table on the opposite side of her. "Yes, just 2, though." Sherlock answered for John.s

"That must be such fun! I wish I would've went to college like that! My mother wouldn't let me leave the house to go, so I could help her with the younger children. It was hell, really." Ms.Holmes explained to John, smiling.

"You know, now that I've meet you, I can say that you and Sherlock look exactly alike!" John said after a bit of easy silence. "Really? I hope that's a good thing!" Ms.Holmes said, laughing. John laughed in responses. 

"Of course it is!" John said, still laughing. The rest of the dinner was followed  with small talk and easy silence. Sherlock didn't expect it to go that well, and was relived when John and his mother hit it off.

Sherlock could truly say that the two people he loved most in the world got along wonderfully, and that was a brilliant feeling.