Chapter 9

"Are you like together?" said Tim with a serious look in his eyes.

"No. To be honest I started falling for him, but when he rejected me right into my face I'm trying to supress what I truly feel. I don't think he likes me the same way I do. And for the record, nothing happened between the two of us. Even after you left. " I replied trying to hold back my tears.

"Well, I do Wayne. I think he likes you back." patting me on the back.

"You heard me. I was rejected" I argued.

"When was that?"

"The night we kissed."

"Which was the same night Nikki dumped her. That could have been painful. Recalling what you told us earlier about how Nikki degraded Timothy, what she said the very night they broke up could have been worse. He probably said it because he wasn't in his normal state of mind."

That got me silent, thinking.

"What makes you say that he likes me?" I asked.

"Well, that's not the question I should be answering, shouldn't I?" he smiled.

"Well, what about you JJ?"

"What about me?"

"Do you like Tim too? You're way too concerned about him. Even for a friend. I couldn't help but notice you care for him as much I do. More than a friend should"

It was followed by a brief silence. I regretted I asked that. What if he's in love as well? Or what if he got offended?

"Because he's a very dear friend to me and Mark. I care because...because he's important to me" then he began sobbing. "And making people dearest to me about happy is my outmost priority even if..." he stopped.

"Even if what?"

"Nothing. I just wanted Tim to be happy. Sorry if I cried, I just recalled what you said about Nikki. Tim didn't deserved to be treated like that." said JJ while wiping his tears.

"And I'll trust my friend Tim with you. I've known you for a while and I think you'd be perfect for him. You'll have my support" he continued.

"What? I dont get what you're nosing at." I replied.

"Ask him again." He noticed Timoy approaching us.

"Ikaw Timoy, ano balak mo pagkatapos natin mag college?" he casually changed topic so Tim wouldn't notice.

That's where I knew that he wanted to be like his father. That's a most admirable similarity that we had.

Soon after that I started getting to know Tim more and more. After the midterms, I saw the school pub's poster about hiring. Since I got some photography skills, I applied and got hired. I also speak tagalog from time to time. It needs more practice though.

Tim was already a head writer. He is very respected at his age even with members older than him.

We get to be assigned in the same work assignments by Anton, the EIC, that paved way to more hours of spending time with each other.

"Wanna grab lunch?" I texted him after my last morning class.

"At Caf with the gang."

I hurried to the cafe. It has been quite a while since we got to have lunch together. Mark has a tournament coming up and JJ is busy with debate related activities. There were days when I only got to see them in calculus class because of our busy schedules.

"Hey guys!" shouted at the table where the three were seated. They waved at me.

"What took you so long?" said JJ.