Chapter 4

"Nice to meet you Nikki, are you two like a couple?" I asked curiously. I saw the delight in her eyes when I asked her. It's as if though she wasn't really expecting it. I can see her cheeks turning slightly pink.

I'm jealous. I miss Gem. I miss my friends. I miss London. My old life. We just moved a couple of days in the Philippines. I can't help but reminisce my life in Europe.

"We are classmates. I have to go now. Take care you two" she said then finally waved good bye.

"We are just friends" explained Timothy. Why is he defensive? Then he smiled.

So we decided to get the book from the library. From Science building pass the cafeteria then to the library. It's a huge building separated from classrooms with gigantic trees surrounding it. I can already concur that I'll have a good time here. I dig books. I'm like a nerd without glasses.

We left our bags in the lockers then off for a book hunt. I can smell old books from here. What joy! Books are piled beautifully in shelves around 15 feet high. And the rustic interior design makes it very conducive for reading. Maple wood flooring and massive chandeliers on high ceiling. It looked like a lobby of a century old hotel. It was majestic.

We searched through the shelf filled Math books when someone called Timothy's attention.

"Timothy!" he called in a whisper. I stopped for a moment, thinking. It's the guy from the pool party! What are the chances that I'd be seeing him here? I forgot his name though.

"Anton! Long time no see..." Timothy replied. Yeah, I remembered. I walked closer to them. I can't find the book still so might as well join their little chitchat.

"Wayne?!?!" he look surprised. Well so was I.

"Hey bud, fancy seeing you here" I replied with a smile.

I stood there for a moment but they were already conversing in tagalog so I decided to resume searching for it. It'll be dark soon. It was past 5pm when we got out from calculus class. We managed to find the book but there was only one copy left. Since I dont have a borrower's card yet, Timothy gave his in exchange of it.

"You know him?" I asked Timothy.

"Yes, he's our editor-in-chief in the school pub" he explained in a curious expression.

"Wow you write? Wicked! I happen to know him a couple of days back" I told him.

"Yeah he did mention that. I wanna ask you something Wayne" he replied.

"What is it?"

"Did...did something happen between you two?" He suddenly got nervous. I can tell.

"What do you mean? Me and who?" I seriously have no clue what's he nosing at.

"You and Anton" his voice lowered.

"Bloody hell, What are you talking about?!" I can feel my ears heat up hearing what he said. I got nervous. I can't tell nothing happened to me and Anton back at the hotel because I seriously don't remember half of what happened that night. But I don't want to admit anything. Anton was mental.

As I thought of it by the minute, my blood is starting to boil up. NOTHING HAPPENED! I assured myself. But I need to at least say something. I dont want Timothy to get the wrong idea. I'm not gay.

"Im sorry if that question made you uncomfortable" Tim is sweating up his forehead.

"Don't be ridiculous. I'm sure he made that up" I replied earnestly. He has to be making that up. I can't tell. I can't remember a darn thing.