10 :: ep·i·logue

Start from the beginning

She clapped her hands together as she watched August watched her movements carefully, noticing that she was grasping very fast of what the characters did. Suddenly he heard keys unlocking the door and he automatically knew it was his wife.

Kimberly walked towards the door and quickly pushed her keys inside, she unlocked the door and entered the door to be met with 2 beautiful sights her family and food.

She placed her bag down and quickly walked over to where her husband and daughter sat in the couch. "Hello my babies." She smiled as she took Juliette out of August' arms.

"Hi mommy's baby." She smiled while Juliette returned with a toothless smile of her own. "Were you good for daddy?." She widen her eyes playfully as she earned a few giggles for Juliette. After a while of interacting with her for a few more minutes she placed her into her play pen to then attend to her husband.

Kimberly had given birth to a healthy baby girl and as they discussed her name was Juliette, followed by that milestone August decided one Christmas that he would propose and that's exactly what he did, they got married shortly after and couldn't be more happier. Recently Kimberly went back to school and received her PhD and became a general surgeon. August still maintained his role as the owner and executive chef at his soul food restaurant.

"Hey baby, how was your day?." She asked as she sat in his lap. He wrapped his long arms around her thick behind.

"It was alright, the restaurant was really busy, busier than usual at that matter." He answered. "How was yours?."

"Ugh the hospital was busy as usual." She chuckled and sighed, she was indeed tired. She laid her head on his shoulder.

"You want me to run you a bath and rub your feet?." August offered.

"Ouu yes please baby that sounds great, I'll get Juliette to sleep and be up in a few minutes." She said as she began to get up.

"Alright mamas." He got up and ventured off upstairs to start her a hot bath.

Kimberly bent over to pick up Juliette, she turned off the TV and went upstairs and into Juliette's room, she sat in the rocking chair and held Juliette in her arms and rubbed her back.
She began to hum a tune she often times heard her own mother would hum when she was younger.

A sure enough in little under 20 minutes and Juliette was fast asleep. Her hands were latched onto her mother's hair which Kimberly then tried to pry her little fingers off. Kimberly finally placed her in the crib and turned on her little night light and quiet soothing sounds as she slept. She turned the baby monitor on and left out of the room.

She went into her and Augusts' room and stripped out of her scrubs and doctor coat. She placed them in the hamper, making sure she unclipped her ID and putting it on her bedside table. She grabbed her towel and went into the en-suite bathroom to be met by August.

He had turned off the water and a few vanilla scent candles were lit around the tub. That brought a smile to Kimberly's face as she began to take off her under garments.

"I honestly have the most beautiful wife in New York." August commented as he admired his wife. "C'mere sweetheart." He said tapping his lap.

"Are you sure? I smell like hospital an-."

"Yes I'm sure now bring yo fine ass over here." He said cutting her off.