Chapter 6: Summer Nights

RENS POV:

It was Saturday morning and a text woke me up. I groan but grab my phone to see who it was. Rey.

Rey: Hi, thanks for the jacket and last night. I had a good time.

Ren: yeah.. Me too.

Ren: So hey, I know were not like friends and all that. But care to hang out this evening?

Rey: sure, and Ren we are friends.

Ren: Ok, I'll pick you up at 7:30 p.m, my parents will not be home so we can I don't know watch a movie or just talk.

Rey: Yeah I'd like that.

Later on that evening.

I drive to Rey's place and text her.

Ren: I'm here.

Soon enough Rey walks out the door with some jeans, a tank top and my black leather jacket. She waves towards me and opens the door to the car. "Hey" she said with a smile. "Hi, I see you have my leather jacket on" I said with a smirk. She quickly notices she is wearing that and was going to take it off, I stop her.

"No,no keep it, it suits you" . She smiles at me, "Thanks Ren". "Ben" I correct her, she looks at me confused. "Ben, call me Ben" I add. She still looks at me confused and surprised, "Since when did she get all cute and nice with me?" she says shocked. "Well once someone gets to know me better, that's how I act" I said. "OK Solo"

We get to the house and she walks over to the TV room, I notice a sticky note on the fridge. Hey emo kid, your dad here, I heard Rey was coming over. Have fun and be careful. The one and only Han Solo. P.s there is leftover pizza. Wow my dad really ships us. I hide the note so Rey wouldn't notice. "You coming or not? She asked impatient. "Yeah I'm coming" I said as I grabbed some slices of pizza and put them on a plate. I walked to the TV room and sat down on the sofa and put the plate on one of the tables. "Ooo yum" Rey said as she grabbed a slice of pizza. "So what movie do you want to watch?" I ask her. "Grease" she said as she grabbed another slice. "Fine" I go over to where all the movies we have and search for Grease, I found it. "How do you have the movie?" She asked. "My mom loves the movie" I said as the movie started.

REY'S POV:

Soon enough Summer Nights, my favorite song in the whole movie along with You're The One That I Want started. The boys started to ask Danny what he did at the beach, and the girls started to ask Sandy what she did over the summer. "Hey I want to hear about what Danny did at the beach" one of them said."Yeah, tell us everything" the other boys said. "Oh it was nothing" Danny said. "Oh come on sure" one of them said, "Come on Danny, tell us about that girl" They begged. "What did you do this summer Sandy?" A girl asked. "Oh I spent most at the beach" Sandy said.

Soon the song started, "Summer lovin' had me a blast" I hear someone sing, it wasn't Danny, I looked to my right to see Ben singing. "Summer lovin' happened so fast" I sang. He stood up and extended his hand towards me. "I met a girl crazy for me" he sang, I noticed his voice was deep and kind of raspy when he sang, he sang amazing. " Met a boy cute as can be" I sang as I accepted his hand. "Summer days driftin' away to uh-oh on those summer nights" we both sang as we started to dance. "Tell me more, tell me more, did you get very far? He sang as he started to walk closer to me and I back up. "Tell me more, tell me more, like does he have a car?" I said as now I walked towards him and he was backing up. The rest of the evening we were singing, until we got tired and sat on the sofa. My eyes started to get heavy on me and I drifted away.

BENS POV:

After singing we sat on the sofa and started talking, soon Rey fell asleep and had her head on my chest. I could feel her breathing and her heart beat close to mine. I have to tell her.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

sorry for the short chapter, but do not worry there is another one coming today. I hoped you guys enjoyed yet another cute chapter. See you soon!!

~N