"Very well, Mr Jackson. But you should know, that is you stay here, you will put others around you, in grave danger."

He knew exactly how to get to me. I looked at.my.mom as she sat there reading, oblivious to the conversation I was having. I couldn't take the risk of her being put in any more danger. "Fine." I said grudgingly.

Dumbledore nodded. "Take my arm Percy."

I looked at him quizzically, picked up my duffel bag and grabbed his arm.

Suddenly it felt like I was being stretched, compressed, flipped and punched in the gut all at the same time.

With a loud CRACK, we appeared in front of an old pub or tavern looking thing. The Leaky Cauldron was on a sign above the doorway.

Dumbledore turned to me, handed me a list  and said, "here is a list of things you will need for school. Ask the manager Tom, for directions to Diagon Alley. Once there you will go to Gringotts Bank. Ask to access the Riddle family vault. The will be enough money for your supplies."

"I'm sorry but, School?" I asked. "yes you will be trained in magic at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry." Dumbledore said. Again? What is it with these weird-ass names?

I nodded slowly.

"There will be a ride for you to a safe house arriving tomorrow at noon. Just ask to go to Grimmauld Place. I shall see you soon." He said and then  promptly disappeared.

I looked at the old inn. I walked inside and realized it looked older inside than it did outside.

Nobody at the various tables even bothered to look up.

I walked up to the bartender and asked for Tom. He said that I was looking at him.

"Do you know how to get to Diagon Alley?" I asked. "ah yes, Dumbledore said you'd be coming. Right this way he said as he walked out of the bah of the inn towards a brick wall.

He took out a strange stick-his wand. And tailored several different bricks.

The wall began to move and gold in on itself. The wall made way for the view of a busy and bustling alley lined with shops and stores with large white buldibg at the end. The words Gringotts were lettered in gold.

I turned to thank Tom, but he had already gone back into the inn.

As I made my way down the street towards the Bank, people wearing robes and hats gave me weird looks as if I was the one wearing weird clothes.

I entered the Bank and walked up to the front desk. There was a wrinkly little creature with grubby hands holding what appeared to be a quill.

"I want to access the uh, Riddle family vault?" being uncertain, I said the statement a bit like a question.

The creature stored working and looked up slowly. "Identification." he said slowly.

"Umm, how do I get or do that exactly?" I asked.

"Give me your hand." he said as he roughly grabbed my forearm and pricked my hand drawing a bit of blood.

He studied it for a moment and said, "Well then Mr Riddle, follow me."

I followed him along ways. On a speedy roller coaster like cart, past a dragon and other varieties of security.

At least we reached vault 832. He placed my hand on the vault and it opened to reveal heaps upon heaps of gold coins and various gems and golden treasures.

"this, this is mine!?" I asked in amazement. The creature simply nodded.

A pile of little pouches lay near the door. I picked one up only to find out it had no bottom inside. It seemed to go on forever. "Woah. Weird." I muttered. I stuffed do many coins that I think I broke it. Not really but it was alot.

I exited the Bank and studied the list Dumbledore had given me. As soon as I saw the word wand, I knew what I wanted to get first.

I went to the shop called Olivander Wands.

The shop wall behind the counter was covered in neatly stacked long boxes. An old man with wild gray hair slid into view.

"Mr Riddle, I did not think I would meet another one of your bloodline. Yet here you are." He spoke in a wise sounding voice.

"I uh prefer the last name Jackson if you don't mind." I spoke with slight irritation.

"Of course, of course. Now what can I do for you." he asked.

They had gone through so many wands that it seemed as though he's tried half the wands in the shop.

Finally he was handed a wand that when he waved it, did not do something awful. It sent a sea breeze and the smell of the ocean.

"Strange." Olivander said

"why is it strange?" I asked.

"Well I've never seen the wand before now. Its certainly not one of my makes. I don't use driftwood or any metal in my wands. Nor do I use Pegasus feathers for wand cores either. It appears to be quite powerful. And while it will work quite well for all spells, it will be quite extraordinary at transfiguration."

I looked at it more closely. It was 14 1/2 inches and looked to be made mainly of driftwood. But it also had metallic lines along it that resembled ocean waves. The lives appeared to be made of bronze. Celestial bronze. In ancient Greek, the word Anaklusmos was inscribed.

After reading this my hand went immediately to my pocket, and sure enough, the pen that was always there was missing.

I bought the wand and left the shop.

I thought about the wand being a pen and sure enough, it turned into the blue ballpoint pen that I know and love.

"You're welcome." came a familiar voice. I turned around to see none other than Lady Hecate.

"For what?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes. "Do you think that your sword just suddenly gained a wand form and appeared in Olivander's? Use your head, boy."

"Ah, well thank you." I said.

"You do know that I am quite fond of these morale who found a way to harness magic. They do need you. And you, need me. You'll be going to the school with no magical knowledge. I can give you the information you need. Put it directly into your head. you'll know what you needed to learn through your earlier years. You mustn't raise suspicion though. You got it?" she said all rather fast.

"Uhh, I think so" I said hesitantly.

She nodded her head snapped and said "throughout the next few days you'll learn it automatically. Goodbye."

And just like that she vanished. And I was again alone in the alleyway.

A/N: that's the first chapter folks! Please leave a review and give suggestions. Those who do get a cookie: 🍪