T w o

"Yeah, it's called a SQUIP! It's supposed to help you with whatever you need!" Jeremy stopped and looked at the person who'd said that.

"Really?" The other guy said.

"Yeah! It's supposed to help with, like anxiety and, I dunno, talking to people I guess? There's a guy selling them in the back of Payless for 600 dollars."

Jeremy thought about what the guy said. Maybe this 'SQUIP' could help him make friends! Jeremy thought about the barmitzva money he had in his bag and ran into Payless.

He didn't hear the guy say what happened last year, when a rogue SQUIP almost took over a whole school.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Jeremy was sitting on his bed, looking at the small grey pill in his hand and the can of mountain dew in his other.

'Is this really a good idea?' He thought, already regretting buying this thing.

But what did he have to lose? He swallowed the pill and drank the mountain dew. At first he didn't feel anything, but then he let out a silent scream, his brain feeling like a million needles were being pushed into it.

Then, the pain stopped.

"Jeremy Heere... welcome to your Super Quantum Unit Intel Processor.... your SQUIP."

Jeremy looked at the figure in front of him.

"You look like.... Keanu Reeves." He signed.

"My default mode. You can also set me for: Sean Connery, Jack Nickolson, Sexy Anime Female. Huhuhu."

"No, no, Keanu's fine." Jeremy signed quickly.

"So, I see your only goal is to make friends, you are mute, and you have yet to meet your soulmate." The SQUIP said, looking at the information in Jeremy's brain. "And you don't, need to sign every time you talk to me, just think it."

'Ok. And yes, I just wanna make some friends.' Jeremy thought.

"You are starting at a new school, correct? This should be easy, I might not even need to help you at all. But I'm still here if you want me to." The SQUIP said, glancing at Jeremy.

'Thanks for the help.' Jeremy thought, already feeling more confident.

"I'm here to help, kid. It doesn't seem like you need it right now, just be yourself and you'll make friends in no time."

That guy was right, the SQUIP was really boosting Jeremy's confidence. He went through the rest of the day like normal, going to sleep early so he'd be ready for school tomorrow.

And man, was he excited to meet some new people.

♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡

....yep. I had to, it's part of the story!

The SQUIP is here, and he's here to stay.

Idk I might post update another chapter I really like this story

Bai~

-Jayden