Chapter One

Scott McCall was busy tying his net into his brand new lacrosse stick. He had worked hard over winter break to get some knew lacrosse gear for preparation for the new season. Scott didn't care that freshman year he sat bench, only getting in when the team was winning a lot with a few minutes left. He had a goal, and that was to make first line, and make a name for himself.

He grabbed a lacrosse ball from his bedside table and tossed it in the net forcefully, before taking it out and punching the net a few times. Once satisfied it would hold, he set it down and walked over to his bathroom doorframe. He took a deep breath and jumped up, and did ten pull-ups before hoping back down to brush his teeth.

While he brushed, his thoughts went towards lacrosse again and how he was going to make first line. He knew it would be hard, as Beacon Hills High School was known for lacrosse. Two time state champions, and a slightly insane coach. He knew his only problem would be his asthma, which was quite severe. But Scott was confident that as long as he had his inhaler he would be perfectly fine.

As he spit out the minty fresh paste, rinsed off his toothbrush and face, a loud noise startled him. Turning around he looked out his window where he heard the thumping noise once again. Gulping the teenage boy rushed towards his closet, slipping on a shirt and hoodie. He grabbed his moms baseball bat, and jammed his feet in his shoes before rushing outside.

The cool winter air hit him suddenly, chilling his former warm self to the bone. Shivering Scott silently crept on the porch of his house preparing to swing at any predators coming his way.

Suddenly and unexpectedly a figure came falling down from above him, Scott let out a scream, and so did the attacker. Before Scott could swing the bat at the predator he noticed who it was and sighed angrily.
"STILES WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!"
"You weren't answering your phone!" Stiles exclaimed before realizing the object in his bestfriends hand, " Why do you have a bat?"
"I thought you were a predator!" Scott exclaimed.

"A pred- ah what!?" Stiles exclaimed annoyed before quickly getting to the task at hand, " Listen  I know it's late but you gotta here this.  I saw my dad leave twenty minutes ago dispatch call they're bringing in every officer from beacon department and even state police!"

Scott narrowed his eyes in confusion as he stared at his upside down friend, " For what?"
"Two joggers found a body in the woods!" Stiles responded excitedly before quickly pulling himself up, and dropping to the ground with ease.
"A dead body?" Scott exclaimed in awe, Beacon Hills was a remotely quiet town. The worst thing that had ever happened here was the Hale fire tragedy. Which killed almost the whole family except for a few who were extremely lucky.

Stiles rolled his eyes at his friend before sarcastically replying," No a body of water." Seeing the annoyed expression on Scotts face he quickly followed up with, " Yes dumbass a dead body!" He then jumped up onto the porch to stand across from Scott.

"You mean like murder?" Scott asked.
"Nobody knows, only that she's probably a girl."
"Hold up, if they already found the body what are they looking for?"
Stiles eyes lit up at the question and a sudden fear erupted in Scott knowing he was going to regret asking that.
"That's the best part! They only found half," Stiles exclaimed, smirking at dumbfounded expression on Scotts face, " Were going!"

On the drive over to the Beacon Hills Reserve, a light rain started to fall. But once Stiles jeep lights fell onto the sign, Scott had this feeling that they shouldn't be out here.
"Are we seriously doing this?" He asked his friend. Stiles rolled his eyes and hopped out of his jeep and started walking out into the woods.
Turning the flashlight on, he turned back towards Scott and replied, " You're the one bitching nothing ever happens in this town."