Chapter 3 - Too Late

George walks so fast towards Lilia's room. From afar he can see many people gathered in front of Lilia's room. Someone immediately stopped George right away, "Wait in here, the doctor is checking her out.".

"What happened? W-what is going on?!" asked George in panic.

"This morning, her mom tries to wake her up. But she does not wake up. Her mom thinks she feels tired after meeting you last night, so she let her sleep again and back thirty minutes later. Her mom tries again, but Lilia did not wake up."

"What? How can?"

"We did not know. Her Dad called the doctor. It is already one hour since the doctor came."

George fell, he feels all his body become weak right now. After another minute, the door finally opened. Lilia's Dad standing in there, looking for George.

"I'm here, I'm right here. Where is Lilia? I want to meet her."

Dad gives a slight hit on his shoulder, "Lilia in inside. She still sleeps. Her breath is so messed up. We do not know the reason. Now, the doctor wants to see you, he wants to ask you some questions."

George gives his nod and follows Dad entered the room.

"So, are you George?" ask Doctor.

"Yes, I am."

"All right, I will ask a couple of questions to you. Please explain it well."

"Yes."

"Are you meet Lilia last night?"

"Yes."

"What are both of you talking about?"

"We talk many things, in one big line, we talk about us. Nothing weird happened."

"I see. Then both of you only talking?"

"No. We eat some chocolate together."

Dad was shocked, "Chocolate?"

The doctor sees the un-normal signal here, "Lilia's Dad. What is it? What's wrong with the chocolate?"

"It is nothing. But in fact, Lilia has never eaten chocolate before makes me in shock."

"She never eats chocolate?" asked the Doctor.

"No, she did. I give her sweet chocolate last night, and she loved it. She finished all of her chocolate," George explained.

Doctor understands. Then she now tries to open Lilia's mouth and check it out. After several minutes, he concludes. "She had an allergy to cocoa."

"What? Allergy of cocoa? But she never shows it before," said Dad.

"Yes, that is because she never eats chocolate before--"

"No, Doctor," cut George. "She had it before, a single tiny bite. But she is fine. Last night, she is fine too."

"I know. But her body has come to react. Unfortunately, it is too late. I can not help. She ate too much, and the medicine is not available now."

George pulled the doctor's suit neck, "Do not joke, Doc! Save Lilia!"

"I will make a demand for anti-allergic medicine from a big city. But it will take three days. That is why I said it is too late."

"You kidding, right?"

The doctor let go of George's hand, "I'm not kidding. But I will ask them to deliver the medicine soon."

"Shit!" cursed George with tears in his eyes.