Chapter 16 - On Top Of The World

AN: Hello everyone! Long time, no read right?! Well not anymore because I present you with chapter 16! I think it will be a long chapter and is dedicated to my newest fan. I really hope you like it! Enough of me! Here's chapter 16!

Niall’s POV

              I was really nervous for tonight. Not because we could go home, or we could mess up during the group performance, no, it was because Claire was performing and getting interviewed. I nervous about the fact that she thought she would mess up and I was nervous if during the interview she got asked about boyfriends or us. I mean, it was no secret she was dating Harry or that all of us were friends. Finally I was nervous about the reaction Claire would get. I knew Claire was strong, but she could be self conscious sometimes. The last thing I wanted to happen was have Claire’s confidence disappear because people didn’t like her, even though I knew people would love her. Whatever happened I would be there for my friend.

Claire’s POV

              There was an hour before the show and I was already nervous. Surprisingly, not for the performance, but for the interview before. What kind of questions would I get asked? Would they be too personal? Did I have to answer them? It was quite interesting, all the situations running through my mind. What ever happened, it was my first interview and I wanted to do well. I looked at my watch. I had to get down to the dressing room. I got off the couch where I was laying and grabbed my bag.

              “Briana, I’m leaving! Are you coming with or not?” I yelled since she was in the bathroom fixing her make up.

              “Hold on Claire! I’m coming with!”

              “Ok, just hurry it up!” I yelled again. The walls were pretty soundproof. I saw Briana come out of the bathroom and we left together.

              “You nervous?”

              “No, why would I be nervous?” I asked sarcastically.

              “Well, you usually don’t get nervous so I had to ask.”

              “Well, I’m absolutely terrified.”

              “Don’t be. I know you will do great. You have worked really hard to get here and you deserve to rock it. And if the 1%  possibility of you failing happens, it will be fine. Everyone makes mistakes.”

              “Thanks Briana. That actually made me feel a little better, but you sound like my mom.”

              “That’s good because I was trying to sound like her. I know she’s not here so I’m the next best person to tell you what she does.”

              By this time we had got to the dressing rooms. “You want to help me pick out a cute outfit?”

              “Of course! I don’t know why you asked.”

              “Ok. Let’s look through the racks and pick out one outfit each then decide which one I’ll wear.”

              “Let’s do this thing!” Briana said and I laughed. I started to look at all the shirts. A lot of them were cute, but only one stood out. It was a cobalt blue shirt with long sleeves and it was all lace. The lace, of course, had a beautiful flower pattern.  I took it off the rack and grabbed a matching cami to go under it. Then I grabbed a pair of dark acid washed skinny jeans that were ripped. After that, I picked out a gray scarf, a few silver necklaces that I could layer, and ring that looked like a bow. To top it off I got a pair of hot pink Converse with cobalt laces. Yes, I was going for casual. I went over to Briana who was also done. She showed me what she picked out. It was a graphic t-shirt with a bow on it with dark skinny jeans and gold heels. Then I showed her mine.