Chapter Nine

~

For Jaemin, today is the best morning for him after waking up everyday after getting better. Ever since his father left them, he never imagined that he will become happy and will be able to smile again. However, the boy named Lee Jeno entered his life and started messing around with him until he allowed him to become his friend.

Jaemin thought, it's not bad to trust again. After all, Jeno is not so bad the way he thinks of him and he believed that he wasn't one of those fake friends he had. The world is cruel yet, there are still nice people you will meet to help you taste that no matter how bitter the world is, there's still sweetness in here.

After stepping out in his house, he snorted the cold morning yet fresh air. He felt weird, every morning for him is gloomy but today is different. Wow. 

"Beautiful." he murmured and started walking. A small smile appeared on his lips while walking and capturing the beautiful sights with his eyes.

It feels really different but nice.

Jaemin can breathe in relief finally, it was like a thorn from his heart had fallen already and now, he stopped worrying too.

"Oh? He looks so happy." Jeno smiled to himself while watching the other's reaction who looked captivated by his environment. Jaemin didn't notice him when he stepped out since his eyes were laid into surroundings. 

Quietly, Jeno followed him behind. Not too far away from the younger, just enough for him not to notice. It's just, Jeno somehow watching and following the younger to school contentedly and should not ruin his good mood. 

It's a good start for him to prevent him from his depression and heal completely.

The elder couldn't notice how worried he is for the younger and how his heart beats rapidly whenever he's around, because he's too busy to think about himself when he starts to think about Jaemin.

As they reached their school already, Jeno decided to appear by greeting him.

"Good morning Nana!" an eye smile appeared in front of the younger's sight.

"Hey." Jaemin greeted him back with a small smile on his lips.

"I came to your house to go to school with you but earlier, you looked so happy so I couldn't approach you."

"You did?" he asked, feeling slightly embarrassed by the older's statement. So, all he did earlier, he witnessed? How embarrassing could it be? In Jaemin's thoughts, he really looks like a fool if he's in Jeno's point of view. But why didn't he come to him?

"Yup. It was a beautiful sight. Don't be shy." Jeno giggled.

"I am not, and don't say it like that." Jaemin said with a lower toned voice because of the embarrassment he felt. For him, if Jeno keeps complimenting him, he doesn't know what to do anymore because those pretty words are making his heart flutter for some unknown reason. Is it okay to feel this way?

"And why? You don't like it?" he pouted.

Oh my god..

"I-its not that. Just.." Jeno cut him off. "Alright. Let's just go."

The older dragged Jaemin gently with care. He promised to himself that starting today, he will be careful around Jaemin. But Jeno seems oblivious because he didn't notice that since beginning, he's being careful. Maybe, it's just he has a lot of thoughts.