Chapter 22: Compulsion

Start from the beginning

"Things like what?"

"Do you know the reason Kol fed on you that night?"

"I don't know, he was hungry? That is why vampires feed, no?"

"He was trying to get Angie's attention. He was there to warn her about Klaus, he protected her. It seems Kol Mikaelson and I have something in common. All I have to do is wake him up."

Before any further questions could be asked, my phone began ringing.

Pulling the phone from my pocket, I answered it.

Katherine: Hello?

Unknown: You told me to look for anything on where Klaus keeps his family.

Katherine: Well, did you find anything? Or am I supposed to do it on my own?

Unknown: I found something.

Katherine: Well? Don't drag it out, where does he keep them?

Unknown: There's a place by the docks, maybe an hour from Mystic Falls. He keeps them in the back of a trailer.

Katherine: How about protection? Any obstacles I'll have to get around?

Unknown: No, they're completely unguarded. Forgive me from prying, but why are you looking for these coffins? Surely this won't get you anywhere with Klaus.

Katherine: I'm not looking to get in Klaus' good graces, I'm looking to get someone out of them.

Unknown: So you're going to pin this on a fall guy?

Katherine: No, you imbecile! I have a friend that needs help, she just doesn't know it. She seems to believe Klaus is on her side and she doesn't seem to realize all the things he's done to her.

Unknown: So you're going to use his family to accomplished this how?

Katherine: That's none of your business, you're going to forget me and remember nothing about what I've had you do for me.

Unknown: I will forget you. I will remember nothing.

Katherine: Good, now I want you to find a knife and I want you to kill yourself.

There was some movement on the other line before a strangled cry and chocking filled my ears, I hung up. I'd never enjoyed hearing someone choke on blood, it wasn't a pretty sound. "Now, Sierra, are you going to be a liability?"

"No, I won't breathe a word of this. You've got my word."

"Good, if you ever break your word, I'll break your arm. Got it?"

"Got it."

Evangeline POV:

Katherine had snapped my neck, she'd killed me! Maybe it was a temporary death, but she didn't trust me enough to let me do my part. I had every reason to want Klaus to pay for what he's done, he deserves every ounce of pain he's going to get. And still, she didn't trust me. I trusted her on everything without question, I expected that trust would work both ways, but apparently not.

Suddenly, the darkness I was in disappeared and I found myself standing in my room again. Except it was different this time, my body was lying on the bed and everything was considerably more depressing. Wind blew all around me and I found myself getting cold, something that hadn't happened since the day Katherine turned me.

Damon walked into the room and I smiled, but he walked right past me to the body on the bed. My body. This didn't make any sense, I'd only had my neck snapped, nothing more. "I'm sorry we had to do this to you, Evangeline, but it's for the best." Damon stated, kissing my forehead before turning back to leave the room.