epilogue

monday, june 19 (seven years later)
victoria maloley

"victoria, you have to calm down. he is going to be okay!" sam yells, trying to get my from pacing back and fourth.

i turn around to face him in a quick manner, "listen to me, sam. nate is your best friend, but you don't understand that he is my brother! if he dies–"

"do you want him to die?"

my face probably goes as read as the tomato next to me, i swear, "are you fuckin—"

"no, im not stupid. but, stop saying what if he dies, because you might speak that shit into reality" sam calmly responds, tapping his foot on the floor as he waits for my reaction.

a sigh is what my reaction consists of, and i nod. i accept the fact that he is right and make my way out the door.

"are you coming?" i ask before closing the door. he nods and follows me out of my home and to my car.

he stops me as im about to open the door, "im driving. i don't think you're in a good mental state and your kids need at least one parent."

obliging, i hand him the keys and jog to the passenger side. when i enter the car, sam is just staring at me.

"what are you looking at?" i snap, anger inside of me at the moment.

sam shakes his head and ignites the engine.

"seatbelt, victoria" sam informs me. i didn't even realize it wasn't on.

after a silent, but not awkward, drive to the hospital, i get out of the car before sam can even turn off the car and jog towards the hospital doors.

what i had been told is that nate was smoking and the type of drug he was smoking mixed with an antibiotic he was prescribed with. the two, clearly, didn't mix well and he is now in the hospital to be supervised until he is okay.

i reach the entrance and tap my foot anxiously when the front-desk man is on the phone with someone.

when realizing who it was, my heart practially stops.

sam comes walking in and i run up to him, "sam, sam... the guy at the desk."

his eyebrows furrow in confusion, "what about him?"

"it's jack" i manage to say, my heart basically stopping at realization it's him.

"shit, you haven't seen him in, what, ten years?" sam's eyes pretty wide.

i shake my head, "seven." sammy rolls his eyes at my correction, three years not being too different, but its different enough.

he looks down at me, his eyes having sympathy in them, "come on, just let me do the talking."

"sam?" jack notices sammy in an instant, as i am kind of hiding to the side.

"hey, since when did you start working here?"

jack chuckles, "i only work here once or twice a month, but i started about two years ago. it just gives me something to do."

sam nods, looking over at me.

"well, im here to see nate. can you tell me where he is?" sam asks jack. jack's eyes widen when sam states that we came for nate.

"uh, yeah" jack does some typing and clicking, but then relays where he is, "third floor, room 197C. is victoria already up there?"

i let out a scoff, but i think jack heard.

"well, no. she's right here" sam grabs my waist and pulls me over. jack looks at me with awe, and i look at him with frustration.

jack opens his mouth twice, but shuts it each time.

"if you're not going to say anything, im going to see my brother who needs me right now" i state, walking away from both sam and jack.

of all fucking "once or twice a month" jack's working, that's the day nate has to be admitted here.

just my fucking luck.

maybe i'll just see him again, in another seven years. by that time, i'll be done being his "little mama".

• • • • •

so, second book is "in the books". haha, get the joke? ok im not good @ that, im sorry:\ but, maybe a third book? i don't know if many/any of you would like that, but if you would, let me know what ideas you would have for it.
especially after this, i wouldn't know how to make victoria's life. maybe she married a new man who treats her kids bad, jack finds out and surprises her with caring so much??? let me know if that's a good idea, if you have any better ideas, or if i should just end the series here.

in addition, thank you for sticking with me throughout the series. so many of you are the absolute sweetest people, and i just want all y'all to know that i'd LOVE to have conversations with you! if you ever want to talk, please don't hesitate.

love, love, love you all :)