'So Called Family Reunion'

Start from the beginning

The motel door swings open with red mist surrounding it, only for it to disappear a second later. Wanda is on the other side, having just open the door. Sam and Dean are just outside, both playing lookout, until Wanda reaches out of the room to grab their shoulders and yank them inside. Sam, being the last one in, closes the door behind them. All three look around, every vertical surface has papers pinned to it, maps, newspaper clippings, pictures, notes. There are books on the desk and assorted junk on the floor and bed, including something with a hazardous-materials symbol.

Sam looks around with wide eyes. "Whoa." Wanda wonders over to a wall that holds newspaper clippings.

Dean turns on a light by the bed and picks up a half-eaten hamburger sitting there. Sam steps over a line of salt on the floor. Wanda turns and sees Dean sniffing the burger and recoiling.

"Tell me you aren't going to eat that." Wanda asks, Sam looks to Dean and grimaces when seeing the burger.

Dean scoffs. "No and I don't think he's been here for a couple days at least."

Sam fingers the salt on the floor and looks up. "Salt, cats-eye shells...he was worried. Trying to keep something from coming in."

Dean walks to where Wanda stands looking at the papers covering one wall.

Sam looks at them. "What have you two got here?"

Wanda answers. "Centennial Highway victims."

Sam nods. The victims seen on the wall include Mark somebody, William Durrell, Scott Nifong who disappeared in 1987 at age 25, and somebody Parks. Mark, Durrell, and Nifong are all white males, judging by the photos.

Dean shrugs in confusion "I don't get it. I mean, different men, different jobs-" Wanda crosses the room to the other clippings and pictures. "-ages, ethnicities. There's always a connection, right? What do these guys have in common?"

While Dean talks, Wanda looks at the papers taped to the other walls. There's something about the Bell Witch, two people being burned alive, a skeletal person blowing a horn at several scared people with the note 'MORTIS DANSE', a column about 'Devils + Demons', another about 'Sirens, Witches, the possessed', a wooden pentacle, and a note that says 'Woman in White' above a printout of the Jericho Herald article on CONSTANCE's suicide.

Sam walks over to Wanda and turns on another lamp.

Wanda looks to Sam before talking. "John figured it out."

Dean turns to look. "What do you mean?"

"He found the same article we did. Constance Welch. She's a woman in white." Sam points to the newspaper.

Dean looks at the photos of Constance's victims. "You sly dogs." Dean turns back to Wanda and Sam. "All right, so if we're dealing with a woman in white, Dad would have found the corpse and destroyed it."

"She might have another weakness." Sam points out. Wanda gets a thoughtful look on her face when she sees the kids, remembering a certain piece of information.

"Well, Dad would want to make sure." Dean crosses to Sam and Wanda, standing next to Wanda and putting an arm around her shoulders. "He'd dig her up. Does it say where she's buried?"

"No, not that I can tell. If I were Dad, though, I'd go ask her husband." Sam taps the picture of Joseph Welch. "The caption says he's thirty, the article dates to 1981, so he must be sixty-four." Sam pauses. "If he's still alive." He goes to look at something else. Dean looks at the picture below the Herald article, of a woman in a white dress. Wanda leans closer to Dean and whispers.

"If you couldn't use the body to get rid of her, could something else be used, like other ghosts?"

Dean looks to her with questioning eyes before nodding slowly. "Yeah, sometimes other ghosts that are related to the main one, can be used to take it down. Why do you ask?"

Wanda shrugs. "No reason in particular, just curious."

Dean shrugs before talking to Sam. "All right. Why don't you, uh, see if you can find an address, I'm gonna get cleaned up." Dean starts to walk away, only for Wanda to run past and into the bathroom. Dean stops short and groans when he hears the door lock from the inside. Sam turns.

"Hey, Dean?" Dean turns back. "What I said earlier, about Mom and Dad, I'm sorry."

Dean holds up a hand. "No chick-flick moments."

Sam laughs and nods. "All right. Jerk."

"Bitch."

Sam laughs again before turning serious. "Hey, I gotta ask." Dean looks to him questioningly. "How did you and Dad meet Wanda anyway?"

Dean clears his throat. "Well, a couple of Months after you left. We went on a job that involved ghosts, two of them. Apparently at the house that she was staying at for cover, was haunted with twins. We came in time to see her putting a shield around herself to keep the ghosts out. Once we ganked them, we asked what she was doing here and she told us. We took her back to our motel room and asked her if she wanted to stick with us for a while and she said yes. Next thing we know, she didn't leave and we got use to having her around. That's how she ended up with us."

Sam makes an 'O" shape with his mouth. Wanda comes out of the bathroom only for Dean to go in next. Sam notices something, and crosses over for a closer look. A rosary hangs in front of a large mirror, and stuck into the mirror frame is a photo of John sitting on the hood of the Impala, next to a boy in a baseball cap who is presumably Dean and with a younger boy, presumably Sam, on John's lap. Sam takes the photo off the mirror and holds it, smiling sadly.

Wanda puts a hand on his shoulder, he turns his head towards her and she gives him a small smile. "You will see him again." She looks to the picture with a far-away look.