Silent Dreamer

Heyy guys I hope this story is going to be good and I will finish it promise :D x

Chapter 1-My Life

I looked at the floor blushing as one of Charlie's football mates came running over as we were walking along the beach. I have nothing against Danny. He's a really nice guy, but if you hadn't guessed I'm an extremely shy person. Whenever someone so much as looks at me I blush and look at the floor. I don't speak loudly or confidently, or dress with any sense of fashion. I just cover up with a pair of long Jeans and a loose t-shirt even though it is 35 degrees most days where I live in Hawaii.

However shy I may be around most of the world there are a few individuals who I can be my whole self around. People who love me for the real me. The me who loves to laugh and joke around. The me who loves to chat about everything and anything and loves hearing all the latest goss.

I wasn't always shy. It all happened when I was 10 years old. Before that disastrous year my life was perfect. I was confident, fun loving, chatty and sporty. I had a large group of friends, both male and female and I loved to swim. Swimming was my passion ever since I can remember, and I had won many medals and my future in the sport looked bright.

However Christmas Eve of 2003 something happened none of us expected. Well I guess it was always a possibility when you have a dad whose job involves him fighting on the front line for his country. An overweight man, with large sweat patches under his armpits and an out of control moustache, knocked upon our door with great force. From that moment on our lives changed forever.

Without the possibility of dad ever holding me in his arms again my life just stopped really. I didn't care about seeing my friends anymore and stayed at home outside of school. I gave up swimming as it had been a thing me and dad had always done together. Even when mum was working round the clock and couldn't make any of my swimming competitions dad would be in the front row, screaming his head off. He'd be there when I collected my medals smiling down on me like I was the most amazing person in the world.

As my dad had been Spanish and my mum was Hawaiian after he passed away mum moved us all to Hawaii so she could be near her family. I hated the thought of leaving all my friends and dad's family. Leaving life as I knew it.

After a while I just slotted in and no-one took notice of me anymore. I wasn't really special and new anymore after I'd been there for a few months. I continued to sit alone and just a read a book, or flick through swimming brochures about the local team. I kept it with me at all times and just fantasised about what my life would be like if I had the courage to try out. But I knew that day would never come seen as how I had become very quiet and isolated since stating at Kauai Primary.

Nearly 7 years on I have never once regretted leaving Spain though. It was a chance to make a new start away from all the memories of Dad staring me in the face every place I looked. Now I'm in year 11 at Kauai. All this time on I am still mega shy, BUT (oh yeah there's a big but) I now have 4 best friends who I am totally myself around.

They are: Lola (Lolita) who is the kindest person you could ever meet. She never says a bad word about anyone, even the people she hates and ex-boyfriends who have dumped her for sluts like Stacey (and yeah that's you RYAN). Lola saw past my show of shyness and got out of me about why I was like this. Now, well what can I say, I am my hyper, fun loving, confident self around her.

Next there's Rach (Rachel) who is the most amazing person ever. She is gorgeous and yet kind at the same time. She knows how to have a laugh.

Then comes the beautiful Victoria (Vicky). She is the trustful, sensible one, however she knows how to have a laugh and let loose. A sucker for chick flicks.

Then there's Charlie who is basically my brother. I'm closest to him out of all the girls and I can tell him absolutely anything. We can hug and act like a couple without caring (even though everyone teases him about him. Yeah just him because I get really shy and usually run off. Not too good ha). We laugh so much together I could pee my pants.

And last group of people who get to see the old real me are my AWSOME family. I love them so much it's unbelievable. There's Alice (20), Felix (18), Chris (13), Stefan (9) and of course Mum and my Step-Dad Calvin.

They've all tried and failed to show the world the bubbly girl wanting to burst out but no luck yet. I guess i'm gunna be in my shell forever. I never knew how wrong I could be though.