Chapter 9

Valentina's POV

Living the married life - it's very different. Especially when you're married to thee Luca Marino. The guy is very difficult, he is a total pain in the ass but there's no point sulking about it because I know he won't change unless he wants to himself. 

I can't make the guy change. Luca is difficult, when I talk to him he's very straightforward. No chit chat with him unless we're arguing. He just gives one worded answers or he acts as if I'm not there. It's sort of weird.

We're married to each other, we're living together and that was all his decision. He was the one who made this happen, I don't understand why he is just trying to avoid me.

I go downstairs for breakfast - alone. Luca is pretty much always working. The guy is a total workaholic. I go into the kitchen and make myself a cup of coffee. As I am drinking my coffee I go through the latest news on my phone.

Luca got me a new phone, it's the latest IPhone, he didn't have to but he insisted. It's rose gold which is so beautiful, I've always loved that colour and I think that it was really nice for Luca to buy the phone for me.

As I'm scrolling down on a celebrity news sight, I see a photo of me and Luca. It's a few photos of us on our wedding day. I click on the screen, let's see what they have written. I read it and I instantly feel disgusted. All it is about is how much Luca spent on the wedding, it's about how beautiful and expensive my dress is. There's nothing wrong with talking about that but I feel like all people ever care about it money.

Money changes people in so many different ways, it really does. Of course everyone wants to have a lot of money, clothes and other nice things but in the tabloids they make it seem as if, if you have money you have no other life problems. What bull crap, Luca is a billionaire. He is so rich, handsome - people think he has everything but I can see that he doesn't have happiness.

Today I am going to be having dinner at Luca's dads house. Emma is also going to be there which is very exciting. At the wedding I talked to her and she's really just a little bundle of sunshine. She is very smart and funny, I think its going to be really nice meeting her again.

My mum and dad have called me several times to check up on me, they're so deeply upset and they miss me. I miss them a lot too, especially my mum.

I've always had a great relationship with my mum, we've always been very close with each other. From a young age I'd always look up to her; she's very smart, pretty and very string minded. We would always go shopping together and to the park to have talks about random things. She would always make me laugh, I miss those times.

I hear the door being opened, I look back and I see Luca standing there. "Hey." I say to him and he sighs deeply. I am guessing he isn't in a great mood...

"Sorry." He mumbles, "Just stressed." He frowns, he sits down on a chair and then furrows his eyebrows. I sit down next to him and anxiously bite my lips and fiddle with my fingers.

"What's wrong?" I ask him with hope that he wont just give me a blank wall.

Luca shrugs his shoulders and then looks at me, "None of your business." He mutters and then he gets up and walks off.

Well that didn't go really well.

I take a deep breath, God, Luca is frustrating and rude. I don't know how I am going to get through to him. I still can't believe I am married to him, its insane.

I follow Luca upstairs and shout, "Wait up." He looks back at me and rolls his eyes at me. Flips sake, I haven't even done anything to him, does he really have to be such a pr*ck?

"What?" He asks with an annoyed tone, "I am busy and we have that stupid dinner my dad." I walk over to him and I pinch the bridge of my nose. The guy really is difficult.

"I just want to talk." I say to him honestly, "What's wrong? Tell me, maybe I can help."

"I don't need anyone's help." He grumbles as he turns around and then walks off. 

Agh, why the hell does he have to be like this. He should be happy, I am being nice to him. I know that maybe he doesn't want my help but he always snaps at me and it isn't nice. It really does ruin my mood and ruin my day. I am married to the guy, what else am I supposed to do when I am a freaking prisoner in this marriage rather than an actual wife!

"I wish you'd just open up to me." I mutter sadly and then I walk off. I go into the living room and sit down on the sofa. I just stare at the white walls for a while and sulk. How can I live my life like this? I just want to help Luca, that's all. I feel so useless doing absolutely nothing.

I want to be someone. I want to be someone who has made a difference to this world, I want to put a smile on people's faces.

Slow updates on this book.

Please vote, comment and share so that I know you want more X

Please follow me.

Thanks.